• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Ivybridge Overclock Thread***

Associate
Not stable at 4.4 at stock volts. Blue screened after a few minutes of Prime95. However, managed over 20 mins of Prime95 at 4.3 on stock volts, which IMO is pretty good. Should be stable at 4.2 on stock volts which is a nice free boost.

Associate
There seems to be like a noticable difference in chips.

Some won't go over 4.3-4.4 and some easily reach 4.6-4.7? :O

Last edited:
Associate
Mines still stable at about 4.75Ghz (47 x 100.9) at 1.325v. Had to do a bit of tweaking with LLC to get it stable at that vcore - noticed a bit of vdroop that was causing instability. Temperatures are hovering around 74-76c using Small FFTs.

48x requires a large jump in voltage - and the temps soar with it - so this is as far as I go for everyday use.

I don't know why, but when the BCLK is set to auto, it always goes to 100.9. Even when I manually set it to 100, it makes no difference - but it's stable, so 0.9Mhz isn't really anything to shout about.

Associate
...and people hoping for 5Ghz would only be getting a benchmark 10% greater than those happy with 4.5 on stock, yet those with 3770K have paid 50% more than those of us with 3570K.

Back
Top Bottom