*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Is it worth hiring one? (can do this from their website) As they're quite pricey.

Try and buy a 2nd hand one if you can afford it. When you sell it on you'll most likely get your money back. If you want to buy one then be sure you're going to use it. Other wise you have one rather large and expensive paperweight.

I bought a Model D for £700 and sold it to a businessman from Surrey for £800 a year later (this was before the Model E was out).

Associate
Not worth hiring it, a gym subscription should have priority over that.
No matter what your goals (don't worry - you won't get too big quickly even if you try) it's a much better approach than just rowing.

Caporegime
Overhead medley looks fun :) But the car pull is quite light isn't it ?

Get pics whatever happens :D

Yeah, the car should be a quick one, but then it is uphill so it depends on the gradient lol.

Pics of me actually doing my last comp are seemingly non existent, just have the 1 vid of my block lift.
A few people have said that I made a few things look easy, which to me means I didn't go hard enough lol

Soldato
wshoe.jpg

I have the exact same pair, PowerPerfect 2's, amazing shoes. Super comfy and work great. Haven't use them since my injury though.

So what sort of shoes should I be wearing for things such as Deadlift and Squat?

I'm still wearing my fitted Saucony running shoes.

Can't go wrong with a pair of converse really, thing hard sole does the job. Or just do them in your socks.

Last edited:
Soldato
I
Can't go wrong with a pair of converse really, thing hard sole does the job. Or just do them in your socks.

Excellent will try and source some (I'm a 13 so that won't be easy).

Might just do it in my socks, as with these big feet I'm more stable than a concrete pile :D

Soldato
I think we agreed there is some benefit for high bar/front squat for those who don't have really good mobility.

I've recently incorporated front squats into my leg day, i'm getting used to them, i'm not using the cross arm way, i just rest it on my shoulders/upper chest holding it with a wide grip similar to a shoulder press.

Soldato
Excellent will try and source some (I'm a 13 so that won't be easy).

Might just do it in my socks, as with these big feet I'm more stable than a concrete pile :D

I really like my cons, I've had them since I started powerlifting. The back of the heel on the inside is all worn away so it's just the plastic inside there, and there's chalk that seems to have become a part of the shoes around the All Star symbol.

I still use them on every weight training day.

Soldato
Any flat soled trainers are fine really. I wear Supras or just ditch my footwear and do it in my socks.

Ive had a while off deadlifts but im gonna get back into them this week. I topped out at 190kg but I reckon ill break 200 this time around.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Yeah, the car should be a quick one, but then it is uphill so it depends on the gradient lol.

Pics of me actually doing my last comp are seemingly non existent, just have the 1 vid of my block lift.
A few people have said that I made a few things look easy, which to me means I didn't go hard enough lol

Yeh we pull a van up hill, so I imagine an Astra for you would be no problem at all, but like you say depends on the gradient.

And no.... it just means you shouldn't have been in the novice category :D

Soldato
Back down to 78kg and really leaning out and dropping water again, just in time for Malta. Not going to go so full retard on my next holiday =D

However, not sure if I'll be continuing an 8 week cut. Not that I need to, but an impeding operation may result in my not being able to do any upper body work for about 8 weeks. So it'll be lots of cardio and legs twice a week :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom