Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Wookie (as in Star Wars), comes from the appearance of a sniper's ghillie suit which are used for extreme camouflage.

Ghillie_Flage_Ghillie_Suit_LG.jpg

No ghillie suits in BF3 but the reference still seems to be used as a derogatory term for a camping sniper :p

Last edited:
Soldato
It only takes one or two wookies to spoilt for everybody else though, so that wouldn't really solve the problem.

If you're not a wookie, and actually participating in the game, you'll do fine with a 4X Scope or 3.4X. I do, and i'm using analogue Xbox 360 sticks, not a mouse !

I've very rarely had a game spoilt by snipers, unless a group of them start spawn camping. As Frenzy said, it's not hard to take them out; most people who play sniper religiously are too stupid to realise that part of doing the job properly means relocating. Countless times I've been killed by a sniper from exactly the same position before cottoning onto where they are are taking them out easily. The stubbornness of some snipers really does astound me.

I agree about the lower power scopes though. I don't play recon that much, and when I do it's usually with a semi automatic with iron sights. But sometimes I think it would actually be good to do some proper long range sniping, with a powerful optic, without having to wave a sign around telling the world where you are.

Soldato
I just cant play this anymore, don't know if its a driver issue or what but I start to play and anything from 10 second s to 10 minutes in the game hangs, I can alt tab out and everything (PC wise) is fine - only happening BF3 :(

Soldato
One thing I need clarification on is the amount of rpgs I carry. I have noticed that sometimes I am holding only 3 rpgs while other times it is 7 rpgs. Is the amount of rpgs dependant upon server/server rules?

Btw I have squad ammo equipped which I gather doesn't influence the amount of rpgs.

Caporegime
Correct.

You can also equip EXPL perk if you have it, if nobody else in your team has. Only difference being it just gives you extra RPGs rather than your whole team ( plus you unlock it earlier than squad EXPL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom