Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Soldato
I find it hard to take advice from someone who has just claimed that he 'only' had God Mode in the first game after they removed the ability to save modded equipment.

I also find it a little odd that you've just claimed I don't have my zero 'maxed out' when you can't figure out why your damage is getting higher the more criticals you have. Here is a hint, its the skill at the end of your Sniper tree and you'll rarely ever get it higher than a stack of 5-10.

I know my Zer0 isn't as strong as he could be just yet but his damage potential is so much lower than the Gunzerker its silly. His melee damage is incredible as I just swapped back to it after getting the new Order shield with a +5 Killing Bl0w +4 Backstab class mod that let me inflict a rather stupid 4million damage but hardly practical in a lot of situations and completely useless without the Law/Order combo but his potential with guns just doesn't seem that strong. That or Sniper Rifles simply aren't worth using and I should try another weapon as they don't seem to do anywhere near enough crit damage for the most part.

i play offline only, so if i choose to have god mode in the 1st game then that's up to me, it does not change the fact that i played the first game almost every night for a year and a half.

i found a 28 000 damage sniper rifle yesterday whilst farming Warrior for the 3rd time, it's a Jakobs but it has a very slow fire rate/ reload....it's about 0.5

now this gun is useless if there are loads of them around, it takes flipping ages to fire and it takes ages to target the head, you get seriously wounded whilst waiting for the bandit to stop twitching around..... but this gun blows the big guys into chunks, just like the 1st game.

now this obviously tells me that we dont have sniper rifles powerful enough yet to do serious damage, because you imagine this 28 000 sniper if it was fire :eek:.

i get a bit nerdy over all of this stuff, ;) but Zero has the potential to outgun Gunzerker, but to do so might take another 4 months and probably only when you get to level 69 ! it took ages to find my big three from the last game.

it's odd because the big guys explode in bits with this monster sniper, but the small guys just fall over holding their heads, this does 500k damage, but if it's not got a full magazine you only get about 350k....this gun is also only deadly to the head! body shots seem pretty useless, i will sell this big gun tonight or put it into storage, it's way too slow to use.

i understand what you say, because Bezerker was miles deadly than the last assassin too, he was also very good with the sniper as well, plus of course the rocket launcher; with the unlimited rockets mod, he could fire it like an assult rifle.

the trouble with Zero is, Gearbox have reduced his skills and powers from the 1st game, it's not as sniper friendly, mind you we're only at level 50, because he was a krap last time at level 50 as well

Last edited:
Soldato
the funniest are the dwarf Goliaths, especially when you watch them running towards you, it's like seeing a six year old kid chasing a football :D

Associate
Look like it scales to your characters level.

Pitchford said the new campaign was designed with all players in mind — from those who haven’t finished the game to the elite who are replaying it again to discover more swag.

Soldato
Got my mechromancer to 50 now.

Levelled the first tree all the way to the end and put the rest of my points in the last tree up to rational anarchist. Has anyone tried meddling in the second tree? Im curious as to how good interspersed outburst is.

I deliberately left out the firehawk quest until the end now whenever my deathtrap loses his shields he does 60k damage/second to nearby enemies, he is not to be trifled with :D. Surprisingly my max shield isnt too bad @ 40k, with the speed im taking things down it feels more than adequate.

Soldato
Just continuing my 2nd playthrough with my Gunzerker and hit the brick wall of Doc Mercy - same story as Flynt a couple of pages back!

I can strip his shield in seconds but can barely scratch his health. He seems to resist fire, acid does very little as does electrical and explosive guns are only any use when he moves his physical shield to either punch me or through a grenade!

Best I've managed was ~half health when my FfYL expired! :(

Soldato
Just continuing my 2nd playthrough with my Gunzerker and hit the brick wall of Doc Mercy - same story as Flynt a couple of pages back!

I can strip his shield in seconds but can barely scratch his health. He seems to resist fire, acid does very little as does electrical and explosive guns are only any use when he moves his physical shield to either punch me or through a grenade!

Best I've managed was ~half health when my FfYL expired! :(

Have you tried clearing the area out and just running around that pillar in the centre of the open area. I did the same thing around a small house in 'saving a certain somebody in a prison cell' quest.

You just shoot the guy in the back, as he turns around, run in the opposite direction and do the same thing. Its not fast but it works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom