[PIC_THREAD] Landscapes, Architecture, Seascapes

Soldato
4.jpg

Beautiful.

Man of Honour
Some amazing work here, sadly I live in light the polluted city so can never get views like that but on a good note I will be in Belgium in 2 weeks so hoping to spend a night somewhere on the edge of France or wherever to see what can be done!

I heard the outbound facing side of Isle Of Wight is also good for star ridden landscape pics?

Associate
Thats probably the best I've managed to get of the milky way, I can get the shape of it but not much of the colour or the detail. To be honest though, I wasn't very away from town maybe only a couple of miles but I know a good spot surrounded by hills to shield the light pollution.

I live in the east midlands so not exactly a prime location for this kind of stuff although there are some dark sky spots around. Scotland is the best place in the UK for it I believe, plenty of mountains away from the cities. Just do some scouting and wait for those crystal clear nights. It can be a bit freaky out there in the pitch black on your own but I do get quite a kick out of it. Don't be afraid of the dark! :)

Associate
Haha, I had a good one before I started doing this, an old Nitecore D10 single AA jobby. I'll probably get a head torch with red light filter at some point though so I can go handsfree and not lose my night vision.

You can see what I mean about Scotland for dark skies from this...if you're in London, you might have a bit of a journey on your hands!

http://www.darkskydiscovery.org.uk/images/darksky01.jpg

Man of Honour
Scotland is quite a trek! Maybe in that region though soon but nothing planned - If so then that would be an opportunity and half to make use of that lack of light pollution^^

I'm hoping Belgium works out well for it though :D

I notice from your shot that it was ISO1600 at 25sec, seems good!

Associate
Yeah, I think that was for the foreground, I've only got a 40mm lens at the moment also so its hard to get the foreground and sky in focus in same shot. The sky was probably 6400 then blended in photoshop.

Associate
Leonid meteors tonight tomorrow and Tuesday. If there are no clouds I'll use Google sky map on my phone to find the constellation Leo and then time lapse DSLR to get some shooting star shots. Go go.

Associate
Some very high quality images in this thread :)

Think this is one of my fave own shots from this year...

Perfect use of HDR there my friend! Can't stand it when people go wild with all the sliders and make everything look horrible. Yours however I couldn't even tell was HDR till I read the Flickr details, bravo :)

Associate
The Northern lights were out in force on Tuesday night! I seen them for the first time ever in March and have been addicted to getting images of them, although I have only managed on three trips and this being the third was the best!

Amazing, where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I would love to be able to get some shots of the northern lights but I don't think I'm far north enough... :(

Back
Top Bottom