*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Man of Honour
The battery on this thing is simply astonishing!

At London yesterday and came home with 12 hours off charge and almost 5 hours screen on time, an hour of gps via Google Maps with satellite layer enabled the whole time and using it throughout to find our way around and with no signal or weak on the underground.

Had over 30% battery left when I came home at night. The S3 would not have done so well!

Associate
The Note 2 comes with 2 years warranty from Samsung, is that if you buy a UK version? Fones.com's Note 2 is an EU version, they "think" it qualifies for 2 years but I'm not convinced. Can anyone shed some light on this?

no partitioning of the internal market allowed so they'd be obliged to honour any EU purchased phone

Soldato
But you're losing the key feature of the Note 2, the stylus! Unless I'm mistaken, you lose pressure sensitivity, Air View, Samsung Note (which is really, really good!) and other stuff?

I am indeed, however, I hardly ever used the stylus - I just couldn't get used to it, find it much better just using my fingers. Samsung Note I just used as a notepad for memos etc.

Associate
Yep, that's normally £36, assuming it's panther 36 (which I'm on). I thought I did well getting £33.50 via phones4u website let alone £31 :p

Enjoy the new handset :D

I only managed £36 too although its only for 18 months so not too bad.

Soldato
What do you have over stock? As far as I can see you are just missing a lot of very useful features.

I'm missing out on the S-Pen features (Not missed, I never used them) and MultiWindow (I am missing this, dearly)

I love the look and feel of CM10 over Stock, also being able to go into Landscape mode while on home & lock screen is a bonus.

Associate
Got my Note II on Saturday and It's great!, £26pm with unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 1GB data on 02 with £99 upfront.

Had a few problems with the sidebar (as it wouldn't go away), but I eventually learned how to switch it off :p

Man of Honour
I'm missing out on the S-Pen features (Not missed, I never used them) and MultiWindow (I am missing this, dearly)

I love the look and feel of CM10 over Stock, also being able to go into Landscape mode while on home & lock screen is a bonus.

I've always used nova or go launcher so I guess that's why I don't see any benefit to using cm10. Does all the hardware decoding, dock features, hdmi out etc work on cm10 now?

Associate
I've always used nova or go launcher so I guess that's why I don't see any benefit to using cm10. Does all the hardware decoding, dock features, hdmi out etc work on cm10 now?

Same here. Nova is great. I don't see the need to install another rom ever. I like touchwiz, and nova gives me exactly what I need for my homescreen.

Try out rotation locker. It's a free app in the play store. You can force auto by holding onto auto, and this also enables a landscape lock screen. It's so useful when you have your phone on a mobile stand. I have a fantastic mobile stand.

SD Portable Multi-Angle Smartphone Desk Stand

Portable Multi-Angle Smartphone Desk Stand - YouTube

SD Portable Multi-Angle Smartphone Desk Stand Review!

I would post pictures but there is no need. I have tried it with a thick case and thin case and they both support my Note 2 very well. It also supports a nexus 7 as I saw in the review.

There's rubber at the bottom so it doesn't slide, it supports pretty much any angle you'd ever want. When using the s pen on it or simply using your fingers it never wobbles about - sometimes in portrait, also works on a bed reasonably well.

Charging doesn't really work in portrait mode but is great, in landscape view. I always use landscape mode as I prefer a landscape home screen.

Would really recommend getting the stand.

Associate
So, following on from my previous post, I've just got myself a Note II.

The hardware is great, the battery life is great, the software is so-so (coming from stock Android on a GNex...).

As a newcomer to this phone, do you guys have any app and accessory recommendations? I've already got a Brodit car mount coming, but anything else to make the most out of the Note experience is a bonus :)

Cheers!

Soldato
Get yourself a case which also acts as a stand, a good sturdy one preferably. It just adds that element of perfection to the device :D

I also recommend Cerberus, not just for the Note II but any android phone.

Back
Top Bottom