• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

catalyst 13.1

Associate
Its the memory management drivers im interested in, these 13.1's mean almost nothing to me, nothing!

the memory management thing comes in 13.3 or later. 13.2 beta is a frame latency fix for specific games. there's a review of 13.2 beta already. i actually didn't know there was a microstutter problem, but it felt like gaming wasn't that smooth on some games compared to others, and i had a sneaking suspicion some fps gains were coming at the cost of something. between one catalyst and the next people reported artefacts in torchlight 2 for example, and for various reasons (idle clocks, hdmi audio, maybe others) a fair number of people are reportedly reverting to 12.4. anyway it was just a kind of hunch, might not even be relevant to these latency fixes.

13.2b brings 7950 performance down a bit while fixing some of the latency issue - brings it right down to 660ti. but hey, whatever - i'd rather lose fps for a smoother gaming experience. amd is also promising to keep an eye on this in future; good news despite a minor performance regression.

Last edited:
Soldato
:eek:

d354e4e64e338276c16857e07c3d7cdc.jpg

:D

http://techreport.com/review/24218/a-driver-update-to-reduce-radeon-frame-times/2

The driver does not yet contain the new video memory manager. Our intention is release a new driver in a few weeks, which does include the new Video memory manager, which will help resolve latency issues for DX11/DX10 applications.

Caporegime
I presume this memory manager/latency thing will also apply to the 78xx cards too, right?

May have to give the beta version a try....

Last edited:
Associate
i keep seeing these popping up everywhere but yeah, not on amd's site. where are they getting them from... will download once there's a changelog

They are from AMD's site (check out the URL http://[B]www2.ati.com[/B]/DriverS/13-1_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe)

I'm guessing they just haven't gotten around to updating the driver page that lists all the latest downloads...

Back
Top Bottom