Google Glass update thread.

Associate
the glasses are a very good idea, no doubt about it, like the watch idea from Apple.
I'm really counting on the virtual reality eye unit playing video games. in front of a PC. or in an arcade.

Soldato
We do not know how much they will cost. C'mon guys, stop quoting the £1500 figure as a realistic RRP. Thats for a the early-acess dev program, I expect release price to be way below the £1000 mark.

Google would be insane to release anything so eye-wateringly expensive. It would have to be less the £500 ($600 in the US) before anyone at all buys it.

Soldato
great idea, forever faffing about stopping to get phone out my pocket when i get a text/email only to find its nothing important. cost would have to come down a fair bit and obvs become available on things other than android (im assuming being a google product it will be android exclusive).

Man of Honour
the glasses are a very good idea, no doubt about it, like the watch idea from Apple.
I'm really counting on the virtual reality eye unit playing video games. in front of a PC. or in an arcade.

It would be cool if game devs can utilise it via the camera where you get a Wii-U style system so when you're playing a game, information, overlays, thermal camera etc will show on the Glass eyepiece and so on. This would be really useful for FPS games especially multiplayer. The next Battlefield? :D

Soldato
It would be cool if game devs can utilise it via the camera where you get a Wii-U style system so when you're playing a game, information, overlays, thermal camera etc will show on the Glass eyepiece and so on. This would be really useful for FPS games especially multiplayer. The next Battlefield? :D

Visionary!

Izi

Izi

Soldato
People who don't think these are the future are small minded. Just because there are only a few things Glass can do right now, doesn't mean they are going to be the only things it can do EVER!

What about health monitoring? Driving aids? Face recognition? Object recognition? Food analysis? Telecoms? Hand recognition for control?

They will be essential to everyday life in the future, I guarantee it.

Soldato
They'd be good for replacing head tracking in games with the addition of the hud for stats or map view etc, I'd use them for that if they're well priced. I don't think I could bring myself to wear them out and about though. Well, at least until they became a bit more of the norm anyway. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
What annoys me about these are they would be awesome for sports, I.E me taking it MTB and recording myself down some trails.

But a £1000? Imagine if I came off and broke it!

I'd cry, so I'd never use it out of fear. Making it pointless.

Soldato
What annoys me about these are they would be awesome for sports, I.E me taking it MTB and recording myself down some trails.

But a £1000? Imagine if I came off and broke it!

I'd cry, so I'd never use it out of fear. Making it pointless.

You would get gadget Insureance... Its basically a Mobile Phone

Back
Top Bottom