DC Vault

Soldato
I'm not quite sure what happened but I have been running boinc for a while with asteroids and simap and I'd stomped ozaudio in folding so i thought a go at GPUGrid would be interesting.
I started getting the odd "nvidia driver failed but restarted" messages and was rummaging around on the gpugrid forum when the rig locked up and wouldn't restart.
Safe mode worked so I removed boinc and refreshed the drivers and now it's back folding fine:confused:

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
As it is Stan is going to get the number 1 slot, from a standing start, in less than a month :eek: The only deterrent would be LoudBob who's is being a bit quietbob in GPUGrid, but not elsewhere.

Looks like he's paying attention, he appears to have pointed some Titans at GPUGRID - naughty :p

I'm not quite sure what happened but I have been running boinc for a while with asteroids and simap and I'd stomped ozaudio in folding so i thought a go at GPUGrid would be interesting.
I started getting the odd "nvidia driver failed but restarted" messages and was rummaging around on the gpugrid forum when the rig locked up and wouldn't restart.
Safe mode worked so I removed boinc and refreshed the drivers and now it's back folding fine:confused:

How odd :confused:

Associate
I must admit I have been tinkering as of late.....

However, changes in circumstances have forced me to cut back on a few things.

Also, it looks like my 1500w Silverstone Strider PSU may be complaining about the three Titan's it's having to put up with. Can't blame it really - I've had it since the 680's came out. Having issues with running the first Titan off one lead - but seems to have settled now i've used two (one for the 8 pin and one for the 6 pin).

My change in circumstances is that I have been transferred to dayshift (with no overtime) so it's around a £500 pay cut per week and it doesn't look like changing very soon :(

Soldato
OP
Anyone who crunches The Skynet project should have received an email from them, I'll copy and paste it here anyhow.

Basically there are two Skynet stats, the original non boinc one, and the newer boinc one (Skynet POGs), these stats are going to merge. Anyone who is a member of the old team, can you please join our new boinc team as well so that your stats are included.

As you may be aware we are merging theSkyNet Alliance system with the BOINC Team system. As a leader in our community we are endeavouring to keep you informed.

Your Alliance, “OcUK - Overclockers UK” has been marked as a duplicate (see old and new). Early next week (2nd of December) we plan to merge the systems which will include your alliance. When the alliances are merged, all users and credit will be merged and the leader of the POGS alliance will remain as the leader. Please note that backdated credit will only apply to theSkyNet, not BOINC, as we have no way of manually assigning credit in BOINC.

One issue that we foresee is any user who is currently in your alliance who is NOT a member of POGS will need to manually re-join your alliance and join POGS, I will be emailing each user who is in this situation.

If you have any questions or if you do not wish for the above alliances to be merged, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards
--
Alex Beckley
Web Developer for theSkyNet

I should add as well if anyone is unaware this project is to be added to the DC Vault.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Also, it looks like my 1500w Silverstone Strider PSU may be complaining about the three Titan's it's having to put up with. Can't blame it really - I've had it since the 680's came out. Having issues with running the first Titan off one lead - but seems to have settled now i've used two (one for the 8 pin and one for the 6 pin).

I had to do that with my 690s in the SR-2. I could run each off one lead at stock but couldn't overclock them so I had to use two for each. Not a problem with the NEX1500 as it has no shortage of PCIE connectors.

My change in circumstances is that I have been transferred to dayshift (with no overtime) so it's around a £500 pay cut per week and it doesn't look like changing very soon :(

Ouch :(
I haven't been offshore for about 3 months as the rig I work on doesn't need us at the moment so I'm on basic salary. This means I'm down about a grand a month. The basic salary is enough to live on comfortably but I can't make any headway clearing my credit cards and also can't justify spending money on hardware :(

In happier news, I've got my 25 million badge in GPUGRID and have just sneaked onto the first page in the RAC page for the project (20th position). I'm also 3rd for combined RAC in the team and closing in on Phil for 2nd place. Also, my SR-2 with it's 2 690s is 16th in the hosts list for GPUGRID and still climbing. All-in-all, I'm happy with my progress and thoroughly enjoying myself.

Associate
I work offshore also Stan, what is it you do? I'm marine engineer on a drillship.

Just for some info lads I'm also starting my new build which will be dual 780ti's and 4930k. I've still got the dual 680's but they aren't running while I'm away and I'm probably gonna have to sell that off once my new rig is online.

Soldato
Anyone who crunches The Skynet project should have received an email from them, I'll copy and paste it here anyhow.

Basically there are two Skynet stats, the original non boinc one, and the newer boinc one (Skynet POGs), these stats are going to merge. Anyone who is a member of the old team, can you please join our new boinc team as well so that your stats are included.

As you may be aware we are merging theSkyNet Alliance system with the BOINC Team system. As a leader in our community we are endeavouring to keep you informed.

Your Alliance, “OcUK - Overclockers UK” has been marked as a duplicate (see old and new). Early next week (2nd of December) we plan to merge the systems which will include your alliance. When the alliances are merged, all users and credit will be merged and the leader of the POGS alliance will remain as the leader. Please note that backdated credit will only apply to theSkyNet, not BOINC, as we have no way of manually assigning credit in BOINC.

One issue that we foresee is any user who is currently in your alliance who is NOT a member of POGS will need to manually re-join your alliance and join POGS, I will be emailing each user who is in this situation.

If you have any questions or if you do not wish for the above alliances to be merged, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards
--
Alex Beckley
Web Developer for theSkyNet

I should add as well if anyone is unaware this project is to be added to the DC Vault.

I'm a bit confused... I have an inactive account on the original skynet (not BOINC) and no account on the BOINC/POGS version. Is there any point in me creating an account on BOINC because it says BOINC credit will not be backdated?

Soldato
OP
I'm a bit confused... I have an inactive account on the original skynet (not BOINC) and no account on the BOINC/POGS version. Is there any point in me creating an account on BOINC because it says BOINC credit will not be backdated?

Hmm, yes, I see what you mean, I'm not sure now.
More about it here

It's says in that post
Consider User ‘A’ who isn’t a BOINC user, but is currently a member of Alliance on theSkyNet that is flagged for a merger with BOINC

We will personally email each user in this situation advising them of how to re-join their alliance and offer to backdate their credit.
did you get an email from them Phil?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I wouldn't expect emails until the merge happens (next week).

You'll need to create a POGS account if you wish to continue with the project. If you don't, then you can safely do nothing. Basically, only POGS credit will show on the POGS side. I still do both, so only about half of my credit shows on POGS, but all of it on the main site.

Man of Honour
I must admit I have been tinkering as of late.....

However, changes in circumstances have forced me to cut back on a few things.

My 1500 Silverstone was quite happy with 4 Titans and I've had that since 470's were the craze.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I work offshore also Stan, what is it you do? I'm marine engineer on a drillship.

I'm a supervisor for a service company which collects, transports and recycles OBM contaminated drill cuttings. My current rig (when they're ready for us) is a semi-sub off the coast of Egypt. I've worked on semis, jack-ups and even a platform but never been on a drill ship yet. I've heard they're good to work on, maybe one day.

Associate
My 650Ti craps out on GPUGRID ... Not sure why.. If i get some time i will figure it out.

Temps are good and it works for everything else... I love a good mystery.

Soldato
GPUGRID is harder on hardware than folding, I've had to back off my titan back to stock to stop compute errors, the 660Ti's seem to handle it better though, they are still at 1215 and 1250 :)

Oooh, there is some stomping going on, 20 spots already today :D

I might have to stop to build my rig into it's new case, waiting for paint to dry first...

Back
Top Bottom