Spin Tyres demo: impressive off-road physics

Associate
Hadn't heard of this so thanks for posting. Just tried the tech demo and I'm really impressed. Would love to see this as a full on offroad simulator with other vehicles. Works well with 3d vision too :)

Associate
Surprised no one has mentioned this since last year, release date is tomorrow on Steam!

This video gives a good overview of it, looking very cool shame they haven't added cabin view yet though (they plan to). Apparently the demo was easily moddable so there's that to look forward to as well!

Soldato
Ok little review time now:

The steering is quite sluggish but mainly with the bigger trucks, wheel turning takes a little while and going quite fast and then trying to turn is almost impossible.

Graphic wise is very very good, the deformation and water have definitely improved since the tech demo and have had no slow downs so far.

Maps, five maps so far. Volcano, River, Plains, Coast and The Hill. All giving a unique set of challenges. You can place waypoint to follow to unlock the "clearing" of the map as well as stuck vehicles and garages etc.

The sounds are very beefy to be blunt with the description. Most sound like an old beat up truck starting for the first time in 20 years but they are not too slow, even with a trailer.

I will follow up a bit later but for now have a screenshot of my current position :)

Spoilered just incase.
2wpi4y8.jpg

Associate
I've been enjoying it, I create my own challenges by towing other vehicles in silly places and just making it as difficult as possible. Difference is I'd consider myself a petrol head/car enthusiast so I'm always interested in games involving vehicles and realism, probably helps that I'm slowly getting in to off roading in real life too, so for me it's worth the £20.

Back
Top Bottom