8 Pack benches the EVGA 780ti Classified on air and the rest!!!

OcUK Staff
I have been waiting a while for an uprated PWM 780 Ti card to arrive into Overclockers UK. 780 Ti has phenomenal performance but just like Titan in reference form has a PWM not suited to what I need when extreme Overclocking on LN2 cooling. When the prestigious EVGA 780 Ti Classfied arrived into the Overclockers UK offices with its proven PWM power delivery and awesome clocking potential I thought I would see what it was capable of on all types of cooling. I decided to start with air so the gamers can see what they can expect out of the box. With this adding to my previous air cooled results posted on here in which I had benched all the current top GPU and finishing with LN2 and hopefully a record or two.

The system I used for ragging (I mean testing) was my standard review system. So ASUS M6G, 4770K @5ghz, Corsair DDR2600 Fast and Tight and the new addition Superflower Leadex 1200w PSU with its very strong 12v Rail.

OS was Windows 7 64 Bit
Nvidia drivers where version 331.82

In the graphs below you see the results for the EVGA 780 TI classified against the best of the rest in Heaven 3.0 at 4xAF, 4XAA and Normal Tessalation (As used all over these forums), Valley in Xtreme HD preset ,3D Mark 11 Performance Pre set ,Firestrike and Firestrike Xtreme Presets.

cmo8.jpg

As you can see from the graphs the winner in every bench mark was the EVGA 780 Ti Classified. This is a little surprising for me as some of the bench marks I ran do tend to favour AMD. This 780 ti Classfied is raw GPU power.

The main reason the 780 ti Classy did so well is its ability to overclock stably to higher levels than the rest or indeed any Ti I have tested thus far. The core benched all day at 1335mhz and the memory an incredible 8200mhz which is the most I have seen on any GPU even on LN2 cooling. The cooler is very quiet and very efficient at removing heat even when the card is pushed hard. Build quality definitely translates into mhz where this card is concerned.

In summary then the 780 ti Classy is the best card I have tested to date on air cooling. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who has this kinda money for a GPU. I am fairly certain given water cooling around 1400mhz will be possible.

Next the LN2 pass me the EVbot someone!!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

Here is the champion:-

EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Dual Classified ACX 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (03G-P4-2888-KR) @ £629.99 inc VAT

GX-235-EA_400.jpg

nonl2br

<p align="left">
NVIDIA's latest Geforce 780Ti takes the fight right to the competition in the battle for current worlds fastest single GPU. Packing a fully enabled GK110 GPU with a whopping 2880 cuda cores this card has huge amounts of processing power to enable it to power through any game. Infact the 780 Ti is so impressive, it’s not just cheaper than TITAN, it beats it in performance and takes the crown as the Best Gaming GPU on the Planet.
</p>

<p align="left">
NVIDIA are supporting the overclocking community even further with an advanced three rail PWM with load balancing, whereas older GTX 780 and Titan pulled all their power through three rails, they did not load balance. 780Ti's new PWM means it can source power from three sources and load balance resulting in the same amount of power from each rail, allowing for more superior overclocks and stability. Here at Overclockers UK we tested this and where we found Titans would top out at 1100-1150MHz core, whereas the 780Ti was able to hit 1200-1300Mhz core over and over again, proving this new PWM not only offers efficiency and stability, but also great overclocking ability. When overclocked this cards performance can be increased by upto a further 30%, making it a truly unstoppable force.
</p>

<p align="left">
For memory once again here at Overclockers UK we are very impressed to see 3GB of RAM and a 384-Bit interface meaning it can power the latest games even at the highest resolutions and detail settings, making this card the perfect choice for any gamer or overclocker.
</p>

<p align="left">
Of course, when paired up with EVGA's Award Winning ACX Cooling, you get reduced temperatures, silent operation, and best of all, unbelievable overclocking potential!
</p>
<br />

<center>
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/OHlQnKTvGms?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="false"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
<embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/OHlQnKTvGms?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="false"></embed></object>
</center>

<br />
<br />

<p align="left">
<h1>Specification</h1>
<b>GeForce GTX 780Ti</b><br />
- GPU: GeForce GTX 780Ti (GK110)<br />
- Core Base Clock: 1020MHz<br />
- Core Boost Clock: 1085MHz <br />
- Memory Clock: 7000MHz <br />
- Memory Size: 3072MB GDDR5<br />
- Bus Type: PCI Express 3.0<br />
- Memory Bus: 384-bit<br />
- CUDA Cores: 2880<br />
- DirectX 11.2: Yes<br />
- DVI Port: DVI-I /DVI-D<br />
- DisplayPort: Yes <br />
- HDCP: Yes<br />
- HDMI: Yes<br />
- Warranty: 3yr
</p>

<p align="left">
<b>Features</b><br />
- MAX your overclocks with NVIDIA's Power Balancing<br />
- A WHOPPING 2880 CUDA Cores (Fully enabled GK110)<br />
- GPU Boost 2.0 Technology
</p>

Only £629.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
You want the best, you pays the price, Ferrari's don't come at Porsche prices, that's because they are more exotic and faster, just like the EVGA Classy in comparison to other 780Ti's, one way of looking at it. ;)

Fair enough. It is a beautiful card and the results speak for themselves. But with Mantle nearly here... well... ok, three of these please ;)

Associate
Good work 8Pack, seems like this was done on stock BIOS?

We know from our experience on the EVGA 780 TI Classsy thread that core is unstable whatever you do with volts or even mild OC on core alone. To get an idea of how stable the new EVGA/skyn3t BIOS is, got stable 1293MHz/1973MHz @1.225mV and 145% PT on air with benchtest temps of 78c and fan 80% using SuperFlower 1200W too. As you can see the temps really require your own loop and shows the ACX cooler is very good at coping with these high demands.

ITS JUMPED up a tenner :(

It was on TWO offer but saving 1.56% didn't feel compelling for another, one is good enough for most bar maybe high res gamers and benchmarkers here ;)

Back
Top Bottom