• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Does anyone else here constantly charge their phone throughout the day?

I can only go by experience but my in-laws killed their iPhone (3GS & 5) battery by constant cradle charging and in contrast I killed by iPod battery by only charging after it was completely dead.

What would be much more helpful is to find out who here has poor iPhone battery life and how they were charging.

My iPhone 4 is going strong for over 4 years now, I only charge at night and I still have about 20% battery left at the end of the day! I use it a lot for whatsapp/browsing/youtube but barely play games.

EDIT: You know what, in reflection, I hate when I see blanket statements like that and I just made one. My iPhone 4 is four years old but I stopped using it for one year and I'd say the battery length is in reality quite poor. Very different from what I said above. I completely had to stop playing any games and mainly (somewhat sparingly) use it for whatsapp/browsing/reddit but rarely for youtube to get juice that lasts the entire day.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was doing that but still killed my Phone 5 battery. Started switching off at 30 % and all sorts. But then the iphone had a known issue with battery and had a replacement program.

Caporegime
Does anyone else here constantly charge their phone throughout the day?

I can only go by experience but my in-laws killed their iPhone (3GS & 5) battery by constant cradle charging and in contrast I killed by iPod battery by only charging after it was completely dead.

What would be much more helpful is to find out who here has poor iPhone battery life and how they were charging.

My iPhone 4 is going strong for over 4 years now, I only charge at night and I still have about 20% battery left at the end of the day! I use it a lot for whatsapp/browsing/youtube but barely play games.

I use it in the day and charge it when I go to bed. If at work I see it drop under 50% and it's only midday I'll charge it again. I rarely kill it flat or leave it on all day charging.

Associate
That's an idea yeah. I've got all my old contacts on here now that've been put on from the iCloud so thinking about just going oldschool and starting afresh.

Soldato
Sync with your Gmail account, then setup your phone with the same email and sync contacts back to phone. :)

I was a little scared to try this GMail sync on iOS, when I attempted the sync on my Android it was a complete mess.

I'd be able to access sync'ed contacts in some apps and not others... they weren't stored in the built-in contacts but as soon as I tried to create a new contact it would give options for existing contacts?!?!?!

Soldato
Just got my 6+ :)

Half of the apps are not optimized for it...somewhat annoying, hope this will be sorted asap, even chrome isn't right.

Associate
I was a little scared to try this GMail sync on iOS, when I attempted the sync on my Android it was a complete mess.

I'd be able to access sync'ed contacts in some apps and not others... they weren't stored in the built-in contacts but as soon as I tried to create a new contact it would give options for existing contacts?!?!?!

I don't quite understand what you mean, but I can assure you that I've used gmail to sync my contacts before and it was perfect. Buuuut, now that they've temoved push, I use iCloud to sync my contacts instead.

Your contacts will be stored in contacts/phone and creating a contact will create a contact

Associate
Just got my 6+ :)

Half of the apps are not optimized for it...somewhat annoying, hope this will be sorted asap, even chrome isn't right.

I've noticed a couple of apps look poor on the 6. WhatsApp and Gmail off the top of my head, font size looks massive.

Back
Top Bottom