new skynet challenge

MGP

MGP

Soldato
So your lunchtime stats update.

Yesterday we had eeked out a lead to 250k ish.

Evga's added production is now having an impact and our lead is cut to just under 150k. :(

In fact it's worse than that since most of that cut in the deficit was made in the last 12 hours according to Free-DC stats.

Enjoy our remaining moments in the limelight. Something dramatic will be needed to stem the tide.

Associate
OP
Its not that good to also think about the costs, But they are there unless your lucky, 30/40 quid a week extra it has cost me in electric (which i dont mind this month lol) so it has to be taken into consideration when recruting

Associate
I've posted a request for help in the CPU forum. Someone check I haven't messed up the instructions plz!

Electricity use won't be that significant for just the remaining 6 days and most people (if any) will just bring one CPU I think.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I have no idea how much extra the electric will be. It's a good job my meter was replaced a little while ago from one of those with the rotating wheel as that would have been spinning off it's axis :eek: All I know is I'm sitting here in a T shirt and shorts and it's pretty [beep] hot ;)

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I've posted a request for help in the CPU forum. Someone check I haven't messed up the instructions plz!

Electricity use won't be that significant for just the remaining 6 days and most people (if any) will just bring one CPU I think.

Fundamental problem - Borkely is offline so your boinc download link can't work.

I think minijazz has a version available from his dropbox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...86_64_vbox.exe

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Can i specify how many cores are used?

I have another 8 core hp server but i do not want it flat out across all 8. 6/8 will do

Yes
boinc advanced view
tools
computing preferences
processor settings
on multiprocessor systems use at most ###% of the processors

Soldato
Soldato
ive been giving the heads up to all current & old folders and it has paid of, around 10 people ive reminded have joined, but we need more!

ie, rich above ^^ , voicon, greenstreet ect.

Soldato
I've got my brother onboard with couple of pc's
not seeing any new members apart from the couple on the forum that joined, unless hes running under your user details , but even then if I view your computers its only showing your laptop.

I've added an i7 and a xeon quad core today will see what I can find tomorrow although it won't be much more :(

I just viewed what computers you have running, god dam that's a lot of cores you have :cool:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
cteamcmp21.php

Oh dear :(

Associate
Will throw my CPU grunt in the mix to help out :)

Put my laptop on for now (4700MQ @ 3.1Ghz). My 2nd desktop (4690k @ 4.5Ghz) will join soon when it completes its current folding unit. Main desktop (4930k @ 4.4Ghz) will join once I've completed reinstalling it.

Associate
Will throw my CPU grunt in the mix to help out :)

Put my laptop on for now (4700MQ @ 3.1Ghz). My 2nd desktop (4690k @ 4.5Ghz) will join soon when it completes its current folding unit. Main desktop (4930k @ 4.4Ghz) will join once I've completed reinstalling it.

Thanks, we need the last minute push! :D

Back
Top Bottom