Who is looking forward to GTA V

Permabanned
PS4. I've been playing a lot of CS:GO on my PC @ 120fps recently so maybe that's why it looks so bad to me. Maybe I'll get used to it after a while but yeah, initial impression is not good.

Soldato
My copy arrived today. Got it installed, downloaded the patch and started playing. Well honestly I'm not impressed. I don't think I've felt this underwhelmed in a long time.

The graphics are ok but the framerate...it's just terrible. Honestly I don't think I can bear to play it. It just looks like a juddery, laggy mess to me. The controls are horribly unresponsive as well, probably due to the framerate. I'll give it another go later but I think I'll probably be selling this on.

Hilarious

One

One

Soldato
I still don't understand wtf I'm supposed to be doing in GTAO. Apparently it's bad to cause havoc and people will kill me? Also well the hell is everyone, the maps have no other people in them???

Soldato
PS4. I've been playing a lot of CS:GO on my PC @ 120fps recently so maybe that's why it looks so bad to me. Maybe I'll get used to it after a while but yeah, initial impression is not good.

Are you ok? I think you have a bad case of mistaken identity, the device you are playing on is a console!

FPS are fine, a few dips but it's really not bad at all.

Soldato
I'm bowled over by the open world

thought it would be good but its pretty amazing - all the small details - I['ve just been driving around for a few hours

Soldato
I've found a bit of artificial smoothing helps the fps by enabling 'Trumotion' on my LG telly. It's basically the 100hz feature and I haven't noticed any impact on image quality but it definately irons out some of the 30fps slight judder.

I'd recommend anyone with a 100hz feature on their telly to try it. Something to note though, that feature may not be available when using the 'Game' preset on the TV settings.

Soldato
You guys having fun with it? Anyone here bought old gen and new gen versions? Is there a noticible difference?

Played on the XBox 360 for about a year most nights and now on the PS4 and i'm happy with my purchase, the graphics are a lot crisper and they have added different lighting affects which really stand out and the frame rate is lovely and smooth compared to the XBox 360 with only the odd hiccup

Associate
Played through the online tutorials and feeling a little puzzled...

Is it a giant free for all when playing online? Or can I shield myself somehow from the chaos?

Soldato
Doesn't that create input lag though? The TV is adding in frames to create a smoother image good for viewing. Horrible for interactive.

Not that I've noticed, Ive tried it with and without and much prefer it enabled. It makes a big difference when the camera is panning, it makes it a bit like a fake 60fps. After playing for a few hours and then going back to stock with it disabled the fps/judder was horrid.

Soldato
Is it just me or is there a blue fog more present during the day? I can't remember it been so prominent but then again it could be me looking at the graphics with more scrutiny. Call me crazy but the opening scenes in Los Santos seemed well foggy hmm.

OMG it's not me. I just looked at the PS3 opening on YouTube and the town is no where as near foggy :(.

Associate
uA-GgKZKpU61Fv3E4e6d2w_0_0.jpg

Another by yours truly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom