Dying Light - PC next gen zombie open world game?

Soldato
I have played nearly 50 hours and I am about 75% of the way through the main story but their is so much to do it the laughs what make this game and I just can't get enough of kicking zombies off tall buildings.

I know what you mean. I spent over an hour last night just seeing how big i could get the pile of twitching zombies in a big electrified puddle.

hilarious. Childish, but hilarious :D

Same here, killing zombies by every means available just never gets old!

I just can't resist standing next to a burning vehicle enticing them into the flames or lamping a molotov into a pool of oil and watching them burn! :p

Soldato
Anyone else had it where gfx will lock up/slideshow very alowly, while the sound carries on as normal? Had it last night when I was going to the story mission where you check out airdrops in the Cauldron. Openeing the first case caused it and didn't stop until the character 'steps away' from the case after the game took control, and the second when I was fighting a normal zombie randomly.

I'm running a 2gb GTX670; could low memory be the reason why? It did it after using the nvidia control panel to optimise games settings for Dying Light. I turned down a load of settings in game last night after the slideshows and didn't have it since, so I'll turn everything up one by one to see if it happens again.

I'm only running a 2GB 670 and don't get that problem. Only things I have turned down is textures to medium, motion blur and AA off (I use FXAA), and viewing distance to minimum.

Soldato
The zombie aggression and which ones you'll encounter are linked to the story line rather than your level, progress it and you'll see them becoming more aggressive and get more of the annoying ones which you need to be more careful around.

I have Bolters, Volatiles, Spitting nasty gits, berserkers and Volatiles so not sure how many more there are

I have played nearly 50 hours and I am about 75% of the way through the main story but their is so much to do it the laughs what make this game and I just can't get enough of kicking zombies off tall buildings.

This... a thousand times this... especially boosting off of 1 zombie and drop kicking another about 20 meters off of the building

Soldato
Woogie you must be a fair bit into it. I don't find it tricky but did notice a big jump in activity once I started the Rais missions :)

I do love setting off explosions to attract the virals then booting them in the face as they come up the wall!

Soldato
I'm only into the Rais missions as a friend wanted to see it last night, I'd been saving them for coop as it's far more fun with 2 or 3 of you running about :)

Soldato
What I have done so far is

Nearly every side mission we have come across which includes all of the fighting and shooting side missions and most of the running side missions. Gone all super ninja and chopped off Rais's hand and spoken to the guys about going into the next area to help Jade deliver the research

Associate
just found this game is it any good as a fps type game it looks fun but is it and are gameplay and graphics good

ray

Permabanned
just found this game is it any good as a fps type game it looks fun but is it and are gameplay and graphics good

ray

I'd describe it as a open world version of L4D2 with RPG elements and without the weird feeling valve games have.

Similar games IMO are Farcry and Batman

Soldato
Anybody had this happen while playing.. this is the second time so far in this game:o good job it dont save at this point lol.

Im stuck :o

knqf7.jpg

4hbmt0.jpg

Associate
i just filled the rest of my ram slots going from 6 gigs to 12 gigs. might be speaking to soon but seems to make a big difference on dying light. not getting any stuttering at all now and caps out at 60% usage.

Soldato
i've just started playing it, no trouble with FPS/ RAM at all, it's miles easier on the rig than Far Cry 4...no stuttering.

great game, but it's hard to get used to the jumping, he jumps way too far and climbs far too easily..... but it's fun, the Zombies WOW they're dumb.

Back
Top Bottom