Why battlefield 3 is not on the steam ?

Caporegime
I have both Origin and Steam running all the time without issue. If your PC is struggling, or going to with another program running then you need to enter the 21st century and upgrade from your AMD Duron CPU.

Associate
Look up the definition of the words before you bandy them about. I have origin installed, due to having a couple of games on it that i play with friends on a LAN. So i have experience using the platform, however i simply prefer to keep my library in one place, and that is steam.

Nothing ignorant about having a preference, and as most EA games are atrocious these days i really don't feel like i am missing out. I certainly wont support EA by buying their regurgitated games annually.

I have also noticed a culture of random name calling on here when someone doesn't share you opinion, its weird and defensive, I'm not saying you have to think the same as me.

Also whoever said, although you're right I don't have an account, I did use it when it was probably in its infancy and couldn't see the point.

However I'm not a child and can admit I might be wrong, you certainly don't get anywhere being right all the time. If its has anything I actually want on it then maybe i'll reconsider but like a lot of people I simply don't like EA (a whole different subject, some of which to do with westwood.)

Battlefield would have been an impulse purchase for me as I didn't follow the last few after the first but I wasn't going to go and setup an Origin account just for that.

Please quote and abuse away :cool:

Soldato
People really not understanding that competition is healthy for the consumer. I have Steam, GOG Galaxy and Origin. Have zero problems with them.

People seem to forget we were forced to use Steam when HL2 came out. Other companies are trying the same thing to get people to buy into their ecosystem. I dont see it as a huge issue

Soldato
Buy the game on whatever platform is cheapest at the time. I get wanting everything to be on one platform but ultimately it's just cutting your nose off to spite your face. Ie, not buying a game because you have to spend 5 minutes setting up an origin account.

Caporegime
People really not understanding that competition is healthy for the consumer. I have Steam, GOG Galaxy and Origin. Have zero problems with them.

People seem to forget we were forced to use Steam when HL2 came out. Other companies are trying the same thing to get people to buy into their ecosystem. I dont see it as a huge issue

The only other platform im prepared to use is Galaxy. Origin and Ubi's pathetic excuse for a platform are connected with nasty ass companies who shovel crap out the door.

Associate
Well I was planning on buying Battlefield 3 on steam but as it's not there, **** it, I not gonna make account on some stupid ass Orgin which has privacy issue and one game it's not worth it, tho I might get retail copy instead and if Orgin is still involved then well, FU EA.

I bet you dont use google or any searchmachine either, and only pay in cash in supermarkets..

Tinfoilhat **** much

Associate
just adding my 2 pence. but while i would ideally prefer a unified game collection in one place, i have no issues at all with origin. And as also mentioned by someone else, it has far less crap on it.

never tried uplay so i wont comment on it, but origin is fine in my book and i get the feeling there are a lot of bashers here who have never actually used it and just roll with the hate train which set off when it launched. oh and 'because its EA'. ironic really because most people seem to love valve which started as the gamers darling, but has done some really shady dodgy things recently. le sigh

in a slightly related note, from what i have seen EA really seem to be trying to fix their image and do some new things, new IPs getting rid of punitive dlc costs etc. plus they have a lot of great game franchises

Last edited:
Soldato
I use all the major ones pretty much. out of steam,uplay,origin and GOG Galaxy, galaxy is the only one i have issues with but that's unfair as its still in its infancy and in beta.

The rest of them are all much of a muchness. no issues with them.

Soldato
Why isn't it on Steam? Because EA don't want to pay Valve the 30% cut or whatever it is to publish there!

Having everything on one client is NOT good for the consumer....see: monopoly.

Associate
OP
Do you realise that Valve does exactly the same thing you're complaining about here?

Their games are limited to Steam only, just like EA games on Origin. What's this privacy issue you speak of specifically?

If anyone wants to restrict themselves to Steam only, then they're going to miss out on some pretty good games, over something as petty as not wanting to have another program running on their PC, that uses less resources than Steam.

I'd prefer to have all my games in one place, but that isn't a reality, so whilst I've got 95% of my games on Steam, I really can't see how anyone is really bothered about having a few now more on another platform.

Origin actually works fine as well, unlike that U Play crap, I haven't used it in a while, so it might have genuinely improved, but with the effort Ubisoft put in to the PC, and the open disdain they have got PC users, I can't see it being any better than when I last tried it.
Well back in the day when it was released I heard they have some kind of Privacy Issues on this platform aka spying, just google it and you will see it. Well at least Valve doesn't spy on their clients and have massive database and servers with variety of various games not limited to only one's publisher. I just don't see why and how I would miss out by using Origin, most of their games are pretty **** in general... I'm not bothered about it at all but I have my preference like anyone else here. Also some Multiplayer games are free on Steam and it's growing even more every time as there are Indie games as well where Origin only orginates itself around EA pockets ....

I bet you dont use google or any searchmachine either, and only pay in cash in supermarkets..

Tinfoilhat **** much
Well mister ninja, when I have occasion to buy game cheaply because it's a retail version, I do it.

Last edited:
Associate
Never bought anything on uplay but have it through a couple of steam games. It did provide me with some entertainment a while back when they were trying to sell Far Cry 4 with an advert full of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. Its not the kind of thing I'd care about on a forum or what not but in your advertising is pretty shoddy.

Just had a look on Origin, there nothing I want there anyway so that's fine. Although battlefront is tempting (not at £50 though) although a way off.

Soldato
Of course it's customisable. A simple click will list all games or installed games. Perhaps I should have said 'metaphorically' blind, and yes I think you're ignorant because you said 'if it's not on steam I won't buy it', you're missing out on some great games.

Yet there is not a single game that i have felt the loss of. What are these great games i am losing out on exactly? thats a genuine question although phrased sarcastically.

Battlefield, although i own 3 and 4 really just dont interest me, i find them slow and clunky. I am not into football and as such paying annually to get the latest kit/player rosters on a fifa game does not appeal. The new sims was cut down feature wise, as was sim city.

EA have nothing to offer the discerning gamer these days.

Soldato
Gog galaxy is so bad I'm considering buying witcher 3 again on steam.

I actually paid a bit more to have Witcher on Steam over a GOG code when it was released. Some might say I'm daft, but I'll admit I try and avoid multiple drms and accounts where possible. What is daft though is passing up a game you want to play, purely to avoid having another drm installed on your machine.

Soldato
Origin seems fine. It has far less features than Steam at the minute though, so Steam is still my platform of choice (if I get a choice).

My main issue with Origin and the reason I barely use it is that thete are no games on thete that I currently want to play.

Back
Top Bottom