Civilization V

Soldato
I have a question

I have converted a city (one of my own) to my own religion via a missionary
But it does not seem to be exerting any pressure on neighboring cities at all.
Yes cities are definitely in range

You probably got an answer to that by now as it was like 20 days or so ago, but if you didn't, then unless the city was connected to another city or city-state with the same religion then it won't cause pressure on neighbours. Only a holy city can exert religious pressure passively by itself (without any bonuses like trade routes and Arabia) to neighbours when not connected to another city sharing the same religion.

Anybody tried the Online Multiplayer Side of this game yet?

Yeah, loads. It's generally fine but I personally don't like it when waring against other players. You have a few options of how you can handle turns in war, such as you both go at the same time, or you can take turns. If it's just a free-for-all then the faster clicker wins, if not then whoever goes first has a significant advantage. Also you'll probably be playing "Quick" speed a lot unless you're playing with friends who can finish a game with later, else games take too long and peoples just end up leaving.

Associate
With both the Gods & Kings and Brave New World expansion packs being quite cheap on Gamersgate at the moment I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they're actually worth it?

I always wanted them to come down in price before I tried Civ V again - and now they have but I'm a bit dubious as to how much they can actually change the game. So I thought I'd ask you good folk!

Soldato
With both the Gods & Kings and Brave New World expansion packs being quite cheap on Gamersgate at the moment I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they're actually worth it?

I always wanted them to come down in price before I tried Civ V again - and now they have but I'm a bit dubious as to how much they can actually change the game. So I thought I'd ask you good folk!

They change the game a lot for the better.

Civ 5 vanilla I could not get on with, but with both expansions it opens the game a lot. Well worth the money for that, just one more turn! :p

Soldato
Fans of Civ 5 and strat games in general should try out EU4.

I have literally got 1000 hours on EU4 :D

Bit of a learning curve maybe but so good once you get going!

I tried Crusader Kings II and just couldn't get my head around it, must try again some time as heard so many great things about that and EU4. Might need to watch some videos I guess.

Associate
EU4 is fantastic and offers something a bit different from Civ. If you like the genre it's definitely worth pushing through the learning curve.

Soldato
I tried Crusader Kings II and just couldn't get my head around it, must try again some time as heard so many great things about that and EU4. Might need to watch some videos I guess.

I can't get my head around CK2 either :)

EU4 on the other hand, once you get the basics down (things like how manpower works, how the monarch AKA tech points work etc) it's reasonably straightforward.

Soldato
Just got this off cjs but when I tried using auto key I got this email saying I need to send Id and stuff to em :( fraud prevention apparently !

Edit: sorted now they've sent it me looking forward to trying this out got the full lot for 9.99 :)

Last edited:
Associate
Really want to try and get into this, had it ages but dont really know how to start!

Had the same issue here. Just decided to fire it up and climb the steep learning curve. There are tutorial videos out there but it's tedious to watch.

The game is really deep and thought provoking. For a fiver it's an absolute steal.

Back
Top Bottom