iOS 9

• Thread starter Deleted member 138126
  • Start date
Soldato
What issues? I've a 5S with public beta 9.1 channel and have no issues [that I'm aware of] :)

When iOS 9 was first released I was reading users were having issues with the update left right and centre on loads of different devices - I cannot recall what, but I now Apple released a patch in the last few days to fix some of these issues...

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I've avoided this update on my 5S for the issues being experienced. Is it now worth downloading seeing as they've released a patch?
9.0.1 has fixed a number of those annoying browsing glitches from IOS 8 like not returning to the same place on a page when you click back. It's quite slick.

I think I read about the same things you did so I didn't take any chances with my 5S. I cleared all the apps off the phone first and ran the update from iTunes while connected to a computer.

It's quite slick all round, performance is just as good and battery life is allegedly better. It's stopped doing that thing where the phone would start to get hot when using basic apps like Facebook, too. I think it's a worthwhile update because it's got all the improvements that they put into IOS 8 but without the annoying glitches. Plus you can use adblocking at last :)

box

box

Associate
So this has started happening with 9.0.2.

Bit glitchy!

2dim3p1.jpg

Soldato
Has 9.0.2 sorted calendar? Ie can you view a day in month view now or does it need double tap, triple tap or not open at all depending how lucky you are

Associate
9.02 fixes a lot of stuff and is smoother on the App Switcher than other versions.

If your phone is a bit slow, go to

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

And then after its finished go to:

Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion - ON

Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast > Reduce Transparency - ON

My 6+ is fine running 9.1 DB3 with very minor bugs.

Associate
If you do one quick tap it works, but a longer single tap does nothing. That's why a double tap works because you do it quickly.

Your definitly right dave just tried that. 9.0.2 here now and very smooth fast and stable (so far) out of curiosity i downloaded ispw 8.4.1 if ios 9 was no good, but cant restore to 8,4.1 anyway, i get an error prompt.

Gxf bench metal crashed, but after re download all ok. Not hit on any other issue yet, and gave every app a good workout (iphone 6 (non s) 64 gig. Love the low power mode battery function. Got 7 hours 40 mins, and 38 hours standby on this. Is that good? And not really slower at all in normal use.

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Recurring weekday alarm didn't go off this morning :/

Other people reporting it too, but thought this release was supposed to fix it.

Soldato
Was working fine on 9.0 for me

Good to know however it doesnt for a lot of people.

Reduce motion stops the icons 'floating' so when you move the phone everything else doesnt move the opposite way. It was introduced after so many people complained experiencing slight to very bad motion sickness. I got it a bit myself so have it switched off

Ive got reduce transparancy, reduce motion and bold text switched on. I would like to know what apple were thinking when the new music player was introduced in iOS 8 - eg a brown album cover with a slighly light brown background and dark brown track titles?! Outside, especially in the sun its impossible to read what you are listening to. Now i usually have to wack full brightness on to change to a different album and track - wouldnt it have been better to leave the black and white tracks with just album cover instead of making it look better at the cost of crap usability. Jobs will be spinning in his grave

Back
Top Bottom