Netflix vs Amazon Prime

Soldato
Hi guys.

Which is best overall? I have had netflix for a while but thinking about getting Prime instead.

I don't need the prime (delivery) as my family has added me onto his account for shipping etc, but I don't get the TV with it only he does.

Man of Honour
I prefer Netflix, spend too much time looking through Prime only to find something I fancy and then find it's a pay to watch video.

Man of Honour
Both, find amazon original series better,
Find films on Netflix better as long as you have global access.

The way I see it having both, is still a fraction of what sky/virgin costs if your looking ti get rid of that cost. But if you aren't then Netflix edges it with global access.

Man of Honour
Yep, you should never find stuff that is paid, just make sure you're searchimg in amazon prime videos, which are all free.

Associate
thats the first thing that bugged me about prime.. purchased it and the first thing I see I go hmm that's looks good to watch, oh wait got to pay.. look again and this looks good... oh wait got to pay but as people have said you can filter it out.

Netflix has the better interface for me and better content I mainly got prime for the Top Gear reject boys :)

Soldato
I can't say I ever missed losing Amazon Videos whenI left them for NowTV, when I left Sky due to price increases and being the only sensible choice.

For current entertainment fix, NowTV got most of it covered (when it works!!). For occasional TV Series (Jessica Jones etc) and the occasional movies fix, Netflix got what I need - especially when I go via Proxy to get international access.

Soldato
Purely for video I'd say Netflix has the edge but seeing how I use all the other benefits from Amazon, I just have both.

Associate
I've got both currently, there is a lot of content overlap between the two I think that the netflix UI is much nicer than amazons.

I'll probably cancel netflix for a while and work my way through the amazons exclusives.

Soldato
OP
I think I may also do that Gambisk, my Netflix account seems to be full of everything I've watched now. I also have Virgin TV with the top package (not movies or sports though) and I hate live TV because of adverts every 10 mins etc.

Thinking of cancelling it and going without live TV and cancelling my TV license also - such a waste of $$$$$

Soldato
Thinking of cancelling it and going without live TV and cancelling my TV license also - such a waste of $$$$$

I've done that with Sky and haven't looked back since. Freeview HD + On Demand Services + Plusnet Fibre in total saves me at least £12 a month, with more variety. The moment my Xbox One can record Live TV, I am sorted.

If you're savvy / bothered enough, you can always switch between Netflix / Amazon every 2-3 months, depending on what's available and how long for. Most of Netflix stuff stays for at least 3 months.

Man of Honour
Found NowTV far better for films and you can have it for a few months, bleed it dry then drop it until more films are worth watching again.

Good films still take ages to come out on nowtv and Netflix isn't far behind, there's always one region which releases it on Netflix silly early.
It's like taken3 is the big release on NowTV this week, yet has been on Netflix Canada for about a month.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They're all much of a muchness which is worrying because they all need exclusive deals to keep their customers which means we have to pay for more services to watch the films we want. Dread the day when physical media disappears :(

Soldato
Good films still take ages to come out on nowtv and Netflix isn't far behind, there's always one region which releases it on Netflix silly early.
It's like taken3 is the big release on NowTV this week, yet has been on Netflix Canada for about a month.

Canada, Netherlands and Brazil seem to be the best NF regions, always get stuff earlier than everywhere else.

Most recent example is The Gift, been on Canada & France a few weeks but only just out on PPV with Amazon.

I have Netflix, Prime and NowTV (TV only, films are rubbish), across those I never struggle for anything to watch.

Watch a lot more TV on Amazon than the other two though, they get some great exclusives.

Back
Top Bottom