Netflix vs Amazon Prime

Soldato
Just cancelled my prime. It gets a few good exclusives which is great, but overall it really lacks content. Netflix seems much better value to me. I hoped prime would make up for it with the fact i got prime music with it too, but that was bloody awful lol.

Soldato
I have both

had Netflix longer, but I would say its better
but Personally I would have both unless you have a subscription to something else.

My only annoyance with both is the searching through hoards of **** to find something decent to watch

Man of Honour
Canada, Netherlands and Brazil seem to be the best NF regions, always get stuff earlier than everywhere else.

Most recent example is The Gift, been on Canada & France a few weeks but only just out on PPV with Amazon.

I have Netflix, Prime and NowTV (TV only, films are rubbish), across those I never struggle for anything to watch.

Watch a lot more TV on Amazon than the other two though, they get some great exclusives.

Well just went to cancel movies on nowtv (online) and it install gave me a deal of 3 months for 3.99 per month. Not sure why I took it, currently watching John Wick, which has been out fir weeks on Netflix, it's still 2 more weeks before it's on sky premier.

Associate
We don't get any of the other benefits of Prime in Australia and now they have introduced the requirement to have a US payment method attached to your account to even watch the free videos so there is literally no reason for me to have Prime any more.

Soldato
Just finished watching Hand Of God season 1 on Amazon Prime, one of their exclusives.

Another superb show, as time goes on their exclusives are going to easily rival those of Netflix.

Bosch season 2 will be out shortly as well.

Well just went to cancel movies on nowtv (online) and it install gave me a deal of 3 months for 3.99 per month. Not sure why I took it, currently watching John Wick, which has been out fir weeks on Netflix, it's still 2 more weeks before it's on sky premier.

I do the same with the TV part of NowTV. Each time i'm at the end of a 3/5 month package, I go to quit, refuse the first cheap offer then you get another page offering an even cheaper offer. Been doing this for 18 months :)

Man of Honour
Nice, although no second deal, so enabled the entertainment pass then cancelled straight away gave me the same offer.
So £8.98 a month for entertainment and movies, basically half price what's the standard price 9.99 and 6.99.

Soldato
netflix globally might have more but its a faff switching back n forth between the regions

Ummmm....it literally takes about 5/10 seconds to switch a region. You can use sites like moreflicks to see what region a movie is on before you even start switching.

In fact it takes longer to switch between Netflix, Amazon, Now Tv, YouTube than it does to switch my region on my TV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom