What watch do you wear?

Associate
Good spot but who asks about the size of the crown - what a strange question.
Omega don't even publish that data. It's small and round :p

This really.

It's a full size 41mm I think, the same as mine. They sit a little flatter than the
equivalent Subby.

Tried on a PO today which I believe is a 46mm along with a Sea-Dweller. The wife is unimpressed - You're only young once but a long time dead! I play the "It'll be my Sons one day" card lol.

Caporegime
Yes I meant case diameter. Not sure why I typed crown :p

It looks a good size. I'm glad as the hamilton I've ordered is also 41mm but I was worried it might look a little small for my liking.

39-41 is the sweet spot unless you have huge wrists IMHO.

I've got fairly small wrists and the SMP is a perfect fit - the case back sits nicely in the fleshy part of my wrist so it wears slimmer than the measurements suggest and the bracelet is the most comfortable I've owned. The lack of micro adjustment sucks so I'll probably end up adding a half link when it's warmer..

N6v00Lil.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Like the Hydroconquest lovely bezel! I'm sure you know how to get a discount tho... (hint http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/longines-hydroconquest-automatic-41mm-l3-695-4-59-6.html )

Wasn't too worried about getting the discount on the watch as Iconic Watches take between 7 - 21 days to get it delivered, plus I was going for the finance option through Goldsmiths as i did with my last watch through Beaverbrooks. Its ordered now so hopefully be with me either just before or just after New Year :D

Associate
does anyone here think its really worth paying the extra money for the omega NATO strap? (there are a few on the bay for £68) kind of off topic question in relation to the above posts

I have similar straps on my watches and they look great and are extremely comfortable until that is the holes start to elongate due to the nylon stretching then it becomes loose on the wrist.

Soldato
does anyone here think its really worth paying the extra money for the omega NATO strap? (there are a few on the bay for £68) kind of off topic question in relation to the above posts

Will be opening mine tomorrow :). Have tried it on and the material is far far better than the cheaper ones i currently use (should be for 5-6 x the price)
And it feels much more premium.

Will post a pic tomorrow if i get a chance

Associate
My G-Shock and hamilton arrived midday today from creation :) quite impressed as 2 o'clock this morning they was in Germany.

Can't open untill tomorrow as the Mrs has wrapped them :(

Last edited:
Associate
I need to have two watch batteries replaced and I have been quoted £65 each from two shops and £35 each from another.

This is to have the watches sealed so that they are waterproof but it just seems so expensive :(

Soldato
Merry Christmas to me, I got this lovely Steinhart Ocean One Vintage DLC this morning. It's very nicely made, DLC seems very well done, the fit and finish are very good, comparable to my Kemmner really, same sort of price though, the saphire crystal dome is quite fantastic I think, I love it, the distortions you get through it are great, I also love the 'old radium' lume. Thumbs up from me so far. As for the longevity of the DLC ...time will tell, but from the reading I did, Steinhart's seems to be pretty solid, I expect the bracelet will show wear after a while though.

Some obligatory car shots ...naturally.

IMAG0346_zpsfrxmskjh.jpg

IMAG0350_zps4wnvwego.jpg

IMAG0352_zps4kvnosuj.jpg

Associate
Will be opening mine tomorrow :). Have tried it on and the material is far far better than the cheaper ones i currently use (should be for 5-6 x the price)
And it feels much more premium.

Will post a pic tomorrow if i get a chance

please do! :p bought a cheapo one with the same colours to see if it will go with my hamilton khaki auto

Associate
On a side note, and if you guys have netflix, I suggest you all look up the "Watchmaker Apprentice" documentary, it was very enjoyable -- I had no clue that the Coaxial movement in my big-ass PO was in fact a british invention.

Soldato
Soldato
£170 for that one from an AD and it had to be ordered as they sell out as soon as they get them in. Expensive but worth it imo! Couldnt find one anywhere with the same colouring and none ive had have compared in quality

Back
Top Bottom