** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Soldato
Seen it twice now so was paying more attention to everything!

I'm not one for finding nit picky plot holes with films like this but one thing did strike me as odd, and apologies if this has already been discussed but 153 is a few too many pages to go backtracking through :p.

The death planet thing, so it charged its weapon by sucking up a sun. Before we knew that it had already fired at The Republic so that leaves two possibilities:

a) They built it in a rare but possible solar system that has two suns
b) They have figured out a way of moving a planet which seems highly, highly unlikely

Assuming a is the only logical answer then that means they built it over 40 years knowing they'd only get two uses out of it. Maybe that's worth it to destroy The Republic, I don't know, but it seems awfully risky. Eggs in basket much!

The second use was then used on some potentially flawed intel of where one of the Rebel bases was. With only one use left it would seem a waste in that situation.

Thoughts?

Yeah seems silly to me, still in ANH the empire LET luke/han/leia escape with the plans to the death star in the hope that they can track them to the rebel base. Leia knows this and says so, but they don't swap ship/go somewhere else with the intel they go right back to the Rebel base.

Thoughts?

Caporegime

Er...

luke-skywalker-on-tatooine.jpg

:p

Caporegime
In fairness I am not seeing it for a third time because I am Randy Marsh 'ectoplasm'ing' over it. The first was because I was impatient and couldn't wait for the booking my mum had made over the Christmas period when I went back home. The second as my mum had booked it and we haven't been to the cinema together since one of the earlier Harry Potters. The third is because my girlfriend would like to see it (and we both enjoy Star Wars together, recently with the Star Wars secret cinema) and at least this time I am experiencing it in a new way :).

It's far from perfect but it's been really good fun the first two times.

Last edited:
Associate
The death planet thing, so it charged its weapon by sucking up a sun. Before we knew that it had already fired at The Republic so that leaves two possibilities:

b) They have figured out a way of moving a planet which seems highly, highly unlikely

Thoughts?

I queried this too...it was a 2 time use weapon at most when you think about it!

Also by the end of the movie the resistance are still hanging out on their base planet that was about to be blown up. The first order knows they are there...one swift bombing run and they are all toast! Probably should have moved on. (Assuming General Hux and Co survived the planet blowing up, they could do swift revenge).

Associate
I've seen it a few times now, its strange because I enjoyed it a lot as it got a lot right, and at the same time was disappointed as I found the whole plot around starkiller base was just, well, pretty terrible. I don't think we need things to by correct in terms of physics, but wow that was off the scale silly.

Poe's skill as a pilot is insane, just seemed ridiculous.

The bowcaster must have a power dial on it because in the early part of the movie it sends people flying whenever it hits them, but when its needed to shoot kylo ren from that point on its just like any other blaster.

anyway it was fun though.

Back
Top Bottom