The Division. Are we interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
What frames on Ultra Damien?

Can't work out why I'm struggling. [email protected] showing its age or is it the 290? :o

[Damien];29116076 said:
From memory it was anything from around 45fps to my driver limited 100fps. It never felt like I had any major drops and it all felt pretty smooth. I'll see how I can get shadowplay to record my fps on my next playthrough and I'll link it.

That's with an i5 4790k @ 4.6ghz btw.

Here you go. I got about 40mins of footage in at ultra until it randomly crashed. Twitch

Soldato
I wanted to dislike this game but it actually feels like quite a good game. Have only played solo and I don't trust anyone on the game-chat to not shoot me in the back (I guess that would be Karma from my DayZ/Exile bandit days!) but even still, I'm having fun.

Might even pre-order it

Associate
Yeah I know what you mean about the pre-order. I've gone from "meh" to at least contemplating a pre-order. Definitely a purchase though, just not sure I can fully trust ubisoft 100% before the full thing comes out :p

Soldato
Played it for a bit and it felt a little meh. Also I don't think GSYNC is working properly with it.

Gsync seemed to work for me, game was playable at 1440p ultra (bar AA) settings.
I really enjoyed this yesterday, but it's not easy to see yet how deep the story is and whether the missions will quickly get repetative.

It looks like the problems I was having trying to find my squad in the dark zone yesterday were because I was but in a level 8+ zone and wasn't allowed to join in the level 7 and below.

Last edited:
Associate
Gsync seemed to work for me, game was playable at 1440p ultra (bar AA) settings.
I really enjoyed this yesterday, but it's not easy to see yet how deep the story is and whether the missions will quickly get repetative.

It looks like the problems I was having trying to find my squad in the dark zone yesterday were because I was but in a level 8+ zone and wasn't allowed to join in the level 7 and below.

Yea in the beta it seems lvl 8 is a lonely place to be, mostly because people raced the story line and no further so they are all in the 1-7 zone.

Associate
So is the best loot to be found in the contaminated areas in the DZ? As I always have a wander around them and find nothing nor any AI.

It's like an MMO in that aspect, AI drops loot in the DZ, the contaminated areas contain chests that require a certain DZ level to open.

That's two ways of getting loot in the DZ.

A third way is going rogue and stealing loot others have collected.
Participation in the DZ rewards DZ currency, there is a vendor in the safe house that sells the best weapons that can be seen (Yellow Quality).

Im sure somewhere an AI or chest can drop as good/better loot but thats down to chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom