Bikers Youtube thread

Man of Honour
Swissmoto Motorbike Show 2016

I go to the Swissmoto motorbike show to compare the Yamaha MT-10, BMW S1000R and the Tuono 1100 Factory. Oh, and Ride I ride in daft weather!

Soldato
Swissmoto Motorbike Show 2016

I go to the Swissmoto motorbike show to compare the Yamaha MT-10, BMW S1000R and the Tuono 1100 Factory. Oh, and Ride I ride in daft weather!

I like the thought of the S1000R but I just couldn't turn down a 1000 V twin/4. Theres just so much more occasion to them. Maybe it's the exhaust I have on the CBR but it's missing the brutishness that my SV had

Soldato
Have you done an insurance quote on the V4 yet? I did one the other night... I'm glad I was sitting down :eek: it's classed as a sportsbike here for insurance and so it was £1,120 fully comp :( might have to wait a couple of years until I get one!

And I completely agree about the big v-twin thing - IL4's are nice, but nothing beats that 'rip your arms off at any revs' and 'feel it before you hear it' feeling of a big twin :D

Soldato
You need a nice sounding can on it,

I've got some downpipes and link pipe coming. You never know it could just improve when it's not blowing! I will miss the pops and bangs on overrun though

I don't know if they are OEM pipes or not but I think they have come of a track bike. But for £45 delivered I'm not complaining at all!

Soldato
You'll still get the popping and banging on the overrun, it just won't be from the extra holes! Are you getting an aftermarket can too? Or just the stainless downpipes? It's a Honda thing with rusty downpipes, mine were holed too.

Soldato
They are oem style pipes but the stainless steel ones mowy. Honda had a bad habit of using mild steel in the 90's which is why they all fell apart. You may find the stainless ones may not fit at the very bottom just before the link pipe. Just use a thinner bolt or like i did dont bother.Like tallpaul says you will still get the popping ecspecially with an unbafflled end can.

Pipewerx are a fantastic quality product! Very well made and sturdy. I dont think much of their logo though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's gotta sound better when all your exhaust gasses actually reach your silencer instead of escaping through a huge rusty hole

I thought Honda were top dog regarding build quality, but the bike is 20 years old so can't complain I guess,even so it's put me off Honda a little bit

Did you order a set of exhaust/header gaskets mowy? You'll need some

Soldato
It's gotta sound better when all your exhaust gasses actually reach your silencer instead of escaping through a huge rusty hole

I thought Honda were top dog regarding build quality, but the bike is 20 years old so can't complain I guess,even so it's put me off Honda a little bit

Did you order a set of exhaust/header gaskets mowy? You'll need some

Was looking at them today. They are £1.27 each on wemoto. It's the labour of changing it over that's making it put it off atm. Completion date for the house could be the 15th

Back
Top Bottom