Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Emails sent. Just to clarify, Mates Rate is for new customers or if you add another service to your package. So if you only have BB you could add Phone and or TV and it would work out cheaper than just having BB on its own.

Any codes left? :)

I'm a current BB, TV and Phone subscriber but presumably could add Sky Sports etc.?

fealy [dot] matt [at] gmail [dot] com

Soldato
Just got the SH3 for 100mb, tried the self start install and there's a problem grrrr

The weird thing is the virgin cable in the bedroom flashes green, but cable in the lounge the light is a constant blue with the Wifi internet both green.

Apparently an engineer has to be called, internal cabling? or cabinet issue?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
30 quid per month for 100mb and I'll received SuperHub3. I guess its better than, what I use to pay. I would take TV or Phone, but that wouldn't be used. :p

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Can someone clarify 2.4ghz and 5ghz, both in general and as used for the Superhub 2ac.
Got slightly confused, but it seems:
Wireless N supports 2.4GHz and 5Ghz bands - do all N devices support both bands?
Wireless AC supports 5Ghz only

Is the 5Ghz band on the Superhub 2ac N or AC (as the name suggests)
If it is AC, should it be possible for a 5Ghz capable wireless N device to also use this 5Ghz band?

Associate
Looking to go from the VIVID 152 package to the business 200 package, fed up with the 50-65% throttling on upload speeds.. the business only throttles by 25% never dropping below 11mb or so *apparently* anyone have any business broadband accounts for home use?

Associate
So I'm on 70bb/M+ TV/phone (after free upgrade)

I was tempted to upgrade to 100BB as its only 2p more a month, but thats still 51.99 a month!!

Looking at a couple of pages back I should ring retentions and hassle them. Someone remarked £27, is this a good starting point?

Really like VM although every 6 months i need an engineer to come and wiggle some cables in the cab to fix my broken internet (today was the latest) so I might us that as a bargaining chip.

Caporegime
Does anybody know how VM install stuff these days? A family member has just had their front garden redone (soft ground fortunately) and it's about 15m from the edge of the road to the house. Do VM still just barely bury the cable/leave it lying on the ground?

Would I do well to arrange some ducting to be installed from the house to the little plastic box thing with a draw rope in, and would VM be happy to use this?

BuZ

BuZ

Associate
Hey guys,

I really need some help, guidance and suggestions here to explain to me what to do about this.

I am slightly confused and concerned with how much my family is paying for our basic-intermediate Broadband/Phone/TV bundle package/service. My family and I have been a Virgin Media customer(s) since mid 2009 and we have went up and down through a lot of the packages - we started off with 10Mbps in 2009, upgraded to 20Mbps in very early 2010 and then upgraded to 50Mbps in late 2010 going into early 2011. However by 2011 summer we downgraded back to and then stuck with their 10Mbps service for a year or two since I heard about a later 20Mbps upgrade coming (free of charge) in 2013, which later got upgraded to 50Mbps (free of charge once again) in mid-late 2014 going into early 2015. However in late October and early November 2015 I got the 70Mbps upgrade (once again like always - free of charge).

Below is a picture/image based screenshot showing how much my family is paying for our 3 combo Broadband/Phone/TV bundle package/service (per month), excluding any extra and additional phone call costs which usually bump the price up between £55 and £60 on average.

image.jpg

Basically, my family and I are pretty much paying £53 per month, however before Christmas we were paying just short of £50, since there was a price increase/price hike a few months ago in January.

Last edited:
Associate
Ouch is all I can say to that @BuZ

I'm on the Big Khuna package is it called?

200mb bb, Free weekend and evening calls, with XL TV

I'm on 12 month discounted deal at £35 a month and after that its £55 I thinkish?

I did pay my phone line up front @£145 ish which saved me £17.99 extra.

Sound's expensive compared to mine - but then you do ahve unlimeted calls which add's about £5 I think?

Soldato
Sounds cheap to me. VM are charging me £75 pm for 50bb tv xl and phone. Only they can't provide the phone as there is no room in cabinet the BB is supposed to be 200 and still no-one has been to install my TV. Muppets

Associate
@BuZ

I'm paying £53 for all TV channels (no sports or movies), 150mb BB and free evening and weekend calls. Do you really need that talk unlimited package?

Have been with them for 5 years though and a discount is applied to my account. I think it's roughly £11 a month off my bill.

Back
Top Bottom