Mountain Biking

Soldato
Looking for a good set of rims for XC to med DH. Spank OOZY seem to have mixed reviews. Should be 27.5 with 142x12 rear. Ideally want something read to shove some tyres on and need Front and Rears :)

Caporegime
Looking for a good set of rims for XC to med DH. Spank OOZY seem to have mixed reviews. Should be 27.5 with 142x12 rear. Ideally want something read to shove some tyres on and need Front and Rears :)

In the same boat, my RaceFace wheels just don't seem to be taken the abuse. Constantly needing trued. Or is it normal to true a wheel every 10 rides or so?

Dents are adding up on them.

Thinking of some Easton Arcs 30mms paired to some Hope Hubs for about £500 via some wheel builder website.

Soldato

I have been running a set on the T2 for a couple of years. They aren't the best build quality wise but they stay straight and are pretty light for what they are. Reasonably quick pick up from the hub.

The 20mm hub adaptors are a royal PITA. They fall out every time you take the front wheel off. Apart from that, can't complain. :p

Caporegime
Apparantly that's how my phone put the text!? Sorry!

Yeah think I'll wait I'm going to be ordering end of this month anyway so only a few weeks wait!

And yes looking at medium I'm about 5ft 11 did there calculator and it said XS ��

XS at 5ft 11. Their calculator is wrong or you've done it wrong. Medium or large more like it.

Soldato
Bike should be clearing Aussie customs soon, so will finally be able to go for a spin next weekend. 4 months off the bike... gonna feel weird being back on it!

I have been running a set on the T2 for a couple of years. They aren't the best build quality wise but they stay straight and are pretty light for what they are. Reasonably quick pick up from the hub.

The 20mm hub adaptors are a royal PITA. They fall out every time you take the front wheel off. Apart from that, can't complain. :p

They were excellent for what they were at the time, but you'd be silly to get such narrow rims nowadays. Spank does a new version of them that's close to 30mm ID IIRC... definitely the ones to go for if going spank.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bike should be clearing Aussie customs soon, so will finally be able to go for a spin next weekend. 4 months off the bike... gonna feel weird being back on it!

They were excellent for what they were at the time, but you'd be silly to get such narrow rims nowadays. Spank does a new version of them that's close to 30mm ID IIRC... definitely the ones to go for if going spank.

Do you know what they're called SC?

Ske

Ske

Associate
Ah yeah just noticed the delivery on the spectral won't be till the end of April �� what a pain..

I want the Strive AL 6.0 Race in the factory colours but the delivery dates are mid to end of June. I'm looking at a Spectral AL 6.0 instead.

Question for everyone else is where to store it..? Our house is an end terrace. There’s a lane that runs parallel to the side of the house and one that runs behind it. Our garden is empty bar 2 wheelie bins and a washing line. There’s no room in the house so what would you suggest? What’s the best chain/lock mechanism & most secure “shed” type-of-thing.

Bear in mind I live in South Wales :p

Associate
I've got bot my bikes in a 8x6 shed. I've installed 2 alarms, 1 is a remote fob one like a car alarm the other is on a string if the door opens and pulls string it sets off alarm, then it has 3 locks on the door, 1 a 4 lever the other 2 padlocks. Inside i've screwed a homemade land anchor to the floor (10mm plate with 2 lorry spring u bolts welded to it). The land anchor has 2 chains going through it, both mega thick un-boltcropable with big padlocks going through both frames and finally a d-lock through both frames.

Obviously you cold still nick the bikes if you tried hard enough, but it wont be quick or quiet. It's very sad what you have to resort to to stop some gypo stealing your pride and joy!

Associate
I built one of those little wooden bike sheds and cut a hole in the floor while I was at it. Sunk a d-lock into a bucket of cement that I buried in the right spot, and the d-lock pokes through the floor to lock the bikes to. Ghetto but when you don't have anything concrete to bolt an anchor to, it's a nice alternative.

One morning when I was going to BPW with Supercow among others, the key snapped off in my door padlock. "Fortunately" I discovered a weak spot in my security as I was able to unbolt the lock hardware and get in that way :) So that's since been fixed too.

Soldato
I want the Strive AL 6.0 Race in the factory colours but the delivery dates are mid to end of June. I'm looking at a Spectral AL 6.0 instead.

Question for everyone else is where to store it..? Our house is an end terrace. There’s a lane that runs parallel to the side of the house and one that runs behind it. Our garden is empty bar 2 wheelie bins and a washing line. There’s no room in the house so what would you suggest? What’s the best chain/lock mechanism & most secure “shed” type-of-thing.

Bear in mind I live in South Wales :p

bike theft is rife around here. mine lives in my house as do my friends bikes. one even takes both wheels off to fit it in his spare room

Back
Top Bottom