Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (April Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 452 45.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 553 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I am still wondering how many of the vast percentage I am told on here have not been granted refugee status in Germany have been deported? This influx have been moving into Germany for many months, what's the figures for how many have been ejected? I suspect very very few, and it will set a trend. Citizenship in the form of an amnesty will occur just to stop unrest amidst the illegals. They're already fighting amongst themselves, their tribalism only too obvious. Fighting their hosts will not be a moral burden on them.

I do not believe for one second coming out of the EU will not be a huge benefit in fighting this invasion and unrest, and helping to keep them out of England. Europe will split with individual countries and states taking their own line on controlling their borders. The EU is effectively finished, only its metamorphosis is up for debate. Being a part of the death throws is not something that I can foresee as beneficial in any way.

Apparently it's the Remain campaign that's employing Project Fear.

Soldato
Immigration debate... meh.

It seems to me to be a strange reason to vote 'Out' when there's a genuine risk that we'll wind up with freedom of movement via EFTA membership. Can anyone really say they trust the government to not concede on this point if the EU really pushes for it? And what price would you be willing to pay to avoid freedom of movement?

For me, there's far better arguments for leaving, just as the short-term financial argument is one of the worst for staying in. To leave or to stay, my choice comes down to this:

I strongly believe in international co-operation, in free trade, in freedom of movement among economically and culturally similar countries. I believe in consistent, international, laws on matters such as tax evasion, human rights, and climate change. I believe that together with our friends and allies, Britain is stronger.

However, I don't appreciate the way the EU works; the lack of transparency, the way it routinely puts bureaucracy above democracy, the way it has grown and continues to grow toward 'ever closer union'. The EU is not an organisation that I want to be part of. But, currently, it is the best option for international co-operation - the strongest economic and political union of disparate nations on the planet.

So, the question that I find myself asking is this; is it worth putting up with the EU's flaws, or can leaving enable us to begin to create something better?

Last edited:
Soldato
Immigration debate... meh.

So, the question that I find myself asking is this; is it worth putting up with the EU's flaws, or can leaving enable us to begin to create something better?

Ditto, leaning very much towards it's not worth it, the fiddling when Greece got into the euro was blatent and the troubles forseen, yet here we are about to rush through turdkey and the gangs of ukrania, I don't fancy their police or courts having the rights and access of eu police and courts.

Soldato
Ditto, leaning very much towards it's not worth it, the fiddling when Greece got into the euro was blatent and the troubles forseen, yet here we are about to rush through turdkey and the gangs of ukrania, I don't fancy their police or courts having the rights and access of eu police and courts.

When was it agreed that Turkey would join the EU?

Soldato
I like how leavers acuse remain campaign of scaremongering aka "project fear II" but then happily do the same with immigration. Based on completely wrong assumptions as point out.

Soldato
When was it agreed that Turkey would join the EU?

It's not going to even be hinted at until after June but if you can't see the usa forcing Germany to give the turks a biscuit for their deeds in the Syria hellstorm you don't recognise erdugruns body language,

He's already got what he was playing for, the thing turkey has wanted for decades and finally the Greeks are in no position to object.

Within weeks of the ukraine mess starting it was obviously a usa attack on the eu, the eu is the body being neutered and financially burdened.

Ukraine has nothing even before the war to add to the eu and could never, in the medium term, afford to change every aspect of their infrastructure or law to comply with our standards, yet here we are ignoring voters or economic interests and yet again doing the usa's bidding and buying their liquidised gas rather than "sanctioned" Russia, the obvious strategic economic ally of west Europe.

Soldato
It's not going to even be hinted at until after June but if you can't see the usa forcing Germany to give the turks a biscuit for their deeds in the Syria hellstorm you don't recognise erdugruns body language,

He's already got what he was playing for, the thing turkey has wanted for decades and finally the Greeks are in no position to object.

Within weeks of the ukraine mess starting it was obviously a usa attack on the eu, the eu is the body being neutered and financially burdened.

Ukraine has nothing even before the war to add to the eu and could never, in the medium term, afford to change every aspect of their infrastructure or law to comply with our standards, yet here we are ignoring voters or economic interests and yet again doing the usa's bidding and buying their liquidised gas rather than "sanctioned" Russia, the obvious strategic economic ally of west Europe.

Yes and the Earth will implode if we leave :) The poster you were responding too appeared to be interested in a gown up debate. I'm not sure a grown up debate is unfolding here.

Soldato

Most informed post I've read in this thread so far.

Soldato
Here's a question - would the Deal to be negotiated after you leave require treaty changes on the EU side I wonder?

It's be interesting to see any UK post-exit deal being decided upon by the Irish :)

But seriously, what happens if a Post exit deal gets scuppered - I've heard there is a time limit of 2 years to negotiate, before the UK is placed at the back of the queue so to speak.

Nate

Soldato
Here's a question - would the Deal to be negotiated after you leave require treaty changes on the EU side I wonder?

It's be interesting to see any UK post-exit deal being decided upon by the Irish :)

But seriously, what happens if a Post exit deal gets scuppered - I've heard there is a time limit of 2 years to negotiate, before the UK is placed at the back of the queue so to speak.

Nate

The UK wouldn't be "places at the back of the queue". The two year part comes from the point of notifying the EU of the want to leave and then finally leaving. However when Greenland left the EU they extended this to 3 years so that they could secure free trade deals.

Soldato
Remember as well that Britain is the EU's largest trading partner. There will be a lot of pressure from industry to put deals in place and continue doing business.

Soldato
After reading this thread thoroughly, taking into account both sides, as well as reading many articles on the matter. I have come to the conclusion that I will be voting pancake.

Soldato
Remember as well that Britain is the EU's largest trading partner. There will be a lot of pressure from industry to put deals in place and continue doing business.

Yep good point, Ireland in particular will be interested a speedy resolution. But since Britain is a net exporter of Services to the EU, I can see any negotiation being... robust.

EDIT:- Yes, I realise the Chart Below does not include Britain's Trade Surplus of Services, rather the goods deficit only.

kUBrOvC.png

Nate

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep good point, Ireland in particular will be interested a speedy resolution. But since Britain is a net exporter of Services to the EU, I can see any negotiation being... robust.

Nate

Yeah. Though the EU sucks at negotiating services deals (here) so we should definitely lead on that, and they can take the lead on goods. ;)

Man of Honour
We do a lot of business in Europe and the consensus seems to be we'll be far better off in the EU than out of it. Obviously it's better to keep certain aspects at arms length where possible, though.

My gut feeling was to vote out, but realistically that's not a smart move, it seems.

Permabanned
Why would Turkey want an explosion in Turkish nationals?

They don't, that's the point.
We are paying them billions to accept our unwanted refugees.

If they make all those refugees European citizens then they will all flood straight into Germany (nobody with another option would want to stay in Turkey)

(And they get to keep the money)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom