• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Soldato
For me it is on a 3440x1440 monitor. Typically on games like the new TR I was getting 45fps, now I can get 60 ish with the same settings and more with an easy OC. FYI, I put the 980Ti into a spare computer that I was assembling as a 'Steam Machine' sitting under my TV - so I was in the market for a new card anyway.

This is an extended bench of the Witcher 3 with stock and OC profiles (I was testing out to see if it really did thermally throttle ... it does not!!)

I also don't get any 'revving' with my card.

How do you make those reports?

Soldato
Also noticed this on jays feed. Not looking that much better for AIB cards really. Glad I've gone with 2 EVGA SC ref and watercooling.

Guess he's talking about the MSI Gaming X.

JayzTwoCents‏ @JayzTwoCents
@Fall3n13 Mike crashes around 2035. It proves my point that extra power connectors doesn't help

Associate
Also noticed this on jays feed. Not looking that much better for AIB cards really. Glad I've gone with 2 EVGA SC ref and watercooling.

Guess he's talking about the MSI Gaming X.

JayzTwoCents‏ @JayzTwoCents
@Fall3n13 Mike crashes around 2035. It proves my point that extra power connectors doesn't help

Well extra power doesn't help yet, assuming the bios is preventing higher voltages. Maybe that can be unlocked. Maybe all these expensive 400 phase GPUs will be wasted engineering. Time will tell I guess

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Oh dear, EVGA support just told me this: "the product in question [GTX 1080 ACX 3.0] is currently out of stock, it might take up 2-3 weeks till it´s in stock again". For a card that's released 6 days ago that's unexpected...

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine arrived :)

Suprised, they do sound quieter then my refrence Titan X's at like for like fan profile, not absolute silent but a good deal quieter, I imagine after market will be even nicer. One of the two OC's very nicely, hitting just under 2200 Mhz before crashing on stock volts while the second is managing just abit above 2100. In SLI for gaming both running happy at 2050 Mhz no issue and 11050 on the Memory with minimum of tweaks.

Will post some tests in abit of the 1080 at stock and OC vs what my Titan X did at stock and OC. :)

2ihmix5.jpg

2u3uyyt.jpg

Tempted to buy a third card to fill that gap :D

Associate
I'm in the EVGA FE club as well.. Ordered yesterday and it arrived today :D
Sorry Overclockers but seeing the reports of delays and being on holiday i couldn't wait any longer and got it from someone else.
Runs like a dream - Rainbow 6 Siege @1440p everything up to the guns and getting 60fps throughout the game:D

Soldato

Suprised, they do sound quieter then my refrence Titan X's at like for like fan profile, not absolute silent but a good deal quieter, I imagine after market will be even nicer. One of the two OC's very nicely, hitting just under 2200 Mhz before crashing on stock volts while the second is managing just abit above 2100. In SLI for gaming both running happy at 2050 Mhz no issue and 11050 on the Memory with minimum of tweaks.

Will post some tests in abit of the 1080 at stock and OC vs what my Titan X did at stock and OC. :)

Looking very nice indeed. Cannot wait to get mine and have them under water now :).

Would be very nice to see some benches. 1080 scores looking a bit lonely at the minute.

Soldato

Do you use the voltage percentage slider in afterburner as precision x doesn't seem to have this option, what does it do exactly? Also, have you tried the memory at 10,800 as apparently performance can worsen after this speed?

Back
Top Bottom