• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Caporegime
Seriously though, you cant tell me Nvidia have not had issues with supply, and its due in part to demand i bet its also due to lower than expected yields...

AMD on the other hand are also victim of in theory the same issue, however in AMD's case they produced a massive quantity of cards or so they believed, however demand has massively outweighed supply.

You still can't help yourself can you :p. You have zero concrete evidence that Nvidia have had yield issues just like no one has any evidence that AMD has.

As far as I see it, both vendors have underestimated demand and sold many more than they thought. This has been seemingly a very good month for the discreet gpu industry.

Shame about the prices though from both camps (Nvidia more so), but they are all selling like hotcakes so what are you gonna do.

Last edited:
Soldato
You do keep saying it, but without anything to support it. Gibbo has told you that they're selling extremely well, yet apparently that's not enough and AMD are still doomed. From tomorrow the 1060 will murder and destroy it and AMD will sell approximately ten cards for the rest of its lifespan. Despite the fact that we don't know anything concrete about the 1060 (other than some very underwhelming leaked performance numbers), including real world pricing or what will actually be available tomorrow, and that the 1070 and 1080 took six weeks after launch to actually have any kind of supply available. But apparently thousands of every brand of custom 1060 will be in stock tomorrow, because that fits the narrative you're spinning.

You are of course one of the people who was predicting doom for the 480 even pre-release, spending extensive amounts of time telling anybody who'd listen that it was a disaster and they wouldn't sell any. Now it's that they won't sell any once the 1060 is available. To me your posts give off more than a slight air of head firmly in the sand, blindly repeating the same rhetoric to avoid admitting you were wrong, facts to the contrary be damned.

Exactly this. Great post.

Associate
You can bet on having to wait at least two generations if not more when the performance difference becomes big enough to force you buying new card to continue playing newer games.

This, I'm still doing well with my 670, the gains haven't been super convincing enough for me to buy into each new gen that came after it.

Aside from that, maybe I could get some advice, possibly from Gibbo too. I've preordered this, it seems that with the delay I'm now going to miss the delivery and won't be back from abroad until the end of Aug/start of Sept. What happens if its DOA or has problems when I finally get to try it, I'm assuming it cant be sent back under the 14 days return policy as I'll miss the cut off.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Can't really decide what should i buy to replace my 290 (Twin Frozr). I couldn't even properly enjoy the thing, since i was naive enough to think it wouldn't throttle on my Elite 130 case...

If your 290 is throttling then there is something wrong.

Had a Tri-X 290 @ 1100MHz in an Elite 130 for over a year, zero throttling whatsoever.

Associate
What's going on?
I preordered within about the first 300 nitros when preordering was first announced.

So that's delayed and if I want the nitro+ I'll have to cancel and reorder to end up outside of the first batch of nitro+ so im even further delayed?

Associate
What's going on?
I preordered within about the first 300 nitros when preordering was first announced.

So that's delayed and if I want the nitro+ I'll have to cancel and reorder to end up outside of the first batch of nitro+ so im even further delayed?

The already pre-ordered ones are the Nitro+

Hi there

What I am hearing this morning and it is not 100% confirmed.

Nitro+ OC: Card on pre-order at OcUK: 1342MHz
Nitro OC: Card soon to be on pre-order at OcUK: 1306MHz

Unfortunately the Nitro+ is coming in more expensive than anticipated, so the price will go up a little, all those who pre-order shall have pricing honoured.

Nitro shall be £249.95!

Good news is there shall also be a 4GB Nitro which I shall price at £209.99 Inc. VAT and shall also soon be available for pre-order. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Here lies the problem, amd cards will never have the fanbase nvidia has because the age old accusations of "bad drivers" continue to this day, a reputation amd had back around the time of the rage fury maxx and that was in 1999, here we are 17 years later and a lot of people still believe this to be fact. Its just something that refuses to go away despite the fact amd got their drivers in much better order due to acquiring artx around 2002. Amd drivers have been as good or better than nvidia drivers for over a decade now but that old chestnut still continues to surface.

Both companies have their issues with multi gpu, but the scuttlebutt as always is amd's issues are much worse.

Bad drivers story already swing to nvida side. They are having serious driver issues since January. So far AMD has nothing to lose apart the precious time what they can able to make up with a communique.

I am personally fed up with driver issues , fastsync has been disabled for maxwell/kepler and fermi. It was perfectly working before. DirectX 12 and Vulkan support to Fermi, DPC latency, black screens , crashes to lot of nvidia users. I could continue the list but it is an another topic.

Last edited:
Associate
If your 290 is throttling then there is something wrong.

Had a Tri-X 290 @ 1100MHz in an Elite 130 for over a year, zero throttling whatsoever.

Well, a Tri-X is a different beast compared to the Twin Frozr, so there's that.

On a side note, i'm pondering if i'm better off with trying to watercool the thing with the Corsair HG10 + an H55.

So, is it still the case that the Nitro+ will ship on the 22nd?

Last edited:
Associate
Apart of boost clock being slightly higher, is there any other difference between Nitro and Nitro+? Is it just the fact that Nitro plus have been cherry picked ( better chip ) or is there something I am missing?

Soldato
Well, a Tri-X is a different beast compared to the Twin Frozr, so there's that.

On a side note, i'm pondering if i'm better off with trying to watercool the thing with the Corsair HG10 + an H55.

So, is it still the case that the Nitro+ will ship on the 22nd?

I have two (reference) 290Xs, both cooled by HG10/H55 combo. Works very well, though I added an additional fan to each for push/pull.

Caporegime
Custom 1060s are ready to go now.

Nvidia-GTX-1060-Hitting-Retail-768x784.jpg

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1060-retail-launching-july/

Last edited:
Associate
There isnt much to add.

AMD started teasing cards months before release, took way too many reference preorders and now just cant make enough of them so companies cant do custom ones quick enough

In addition to this dont forget that AMD is very busy producing parts for XBOX ONE and PS4 and new XBOX ONE S and PS4 NEO. Those guys want to stock good few millions of each before xmass.

Nvidia seen whats going on with rx 480 launch and played it nicely. Quietly produced some reference ones and let other guys do the custom ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom