Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Thing is they may not even be forced to leave.

I guess the NHS is worried that they will voluntarily leave due to atmosphere, fear of being forced to leave etc

Its no problem though, all the jobs that dem migrants have been taking will be filled by the UK nationals that have been losing out. right? ;)

Indeed! ;)

I haven't heard a single person say deport those working/already settled before the vote.

I don't even know why it's getting air time it's just the reasonable thing to do, media probably trying the hardest for something provocative.

Oh nor I, but I think it just highlights how many people are here working in critical jobs that perhaps wasn't thought of. I'm also assuming they will need work visas though which adds a lot of administration and cost?

I and many other dual nationals, and other Europeans are not going anywhere from the conversations I've had - but there may be issues causing a want to leave or a need to leave?

I know it is just a superfluous and sensationalist piece of news, but it just highlights some potential issues if things are not handled sensibly.

Was that Lbc by any chance they had a crazy percentage number about people wanting the EU nationals already here to stay, high 80s iirc

Indeed it was. And yes, pretty much everyone wants them to stay. Which makes the whole Brexit about Europeans leaving thing even stranger to me.

Commissario
Not surprising that the vast majority of the media are desperately trying to avoid saying that the 5 men washed up at Camber sands could possibly be illegals.
They are saying they have no idea who they are but think there is at least 1 more floating about so they're not telling the truth.

Described as fully clothed black men in the exact place you would expect to find illegals so no reason to think they might be from North Africa via France.
Probably fell in at Calais as apparently they're all mental health cases.

We mustn't jump to conclusions says the PC BBC they might have been a group of Africans who all got washed out to sea whilst sunbathing.

They were probably trying to avoid it as it would be useless speculation.

The Police have said today that they think they were friends from London, and despite rumours otherwise they were dressed in clothing you'd expect on the beach.

Associate
I heard on the radio this morning that the NHS is going to try to help sort something to allow the 57,000 non British workers to stay. That's a lot of people - if they were forced to leave, or decided to leave that would be quite a blow.

Admittedly they are not all European, many of them are from outside the EU. That's a lot of people though!

If the stupidly high work permit wage requirement was scrapped they could all be granted one just like that.

Soldato
Thing is they may not even be forced to leave.

I guess the NHS is worried that they will voluntarily leave due to atmosphere, fear of being forced to leave etc

Its no problem though, all the jobs that dem migrants have been taking will be filled by the UK nationals that have been losing out. right? ;)

Perhaps the NHS can start hiring British born medical staff rather than ignoring them for non-EU applicants?

Perhaps the NHS can start hiring British born medical staff rather than ignoring them for non-EU applicants?

You dangle the bait long enough eventually someone will come along and bite ;)

Go to BBC, type in NHS recruitment in the search box, see how many articles come up. All the same general message, can't fill vacancies so end up HAVING to go for foreign workers in order to avoid shortages.

Soldato

Trained medical staff that are British born tend to go private due to the money, better management and better hours.

The NHS does not hire non EU nationals because they ignore the British, no matter what the Daily Mail say and click-bait pieces say. Staff are turned down for certain positions because they do not have the experience for the role. The recruited nurses in the east are not only well trained but have a lot of experience in busy understaffed environments and are proven performers. Let the inexperienced British nurses keep work their current roles to get a few more years under their belt before sticking them in the deep end for the sake of 'they're British'. Recruiting abroad is costly but negligible in the long run. A trip for a few senior nurse recruiters shy's in cost compare to the labour they will come back with.

There are enough British nurses but they dont want to do grunt nurse placements in the NHS. The current nurses want more senior positions despite not having the experience for it.

The three nurses i have lived with, my girlfriends mother (senior nurse) and Fillipino nurses i am related to, have all told me this.

Last edited:
Soldato

This comment (see replies) illustrates why the referendum was a bad idea, people cannot be relied on to form correct views; in this case conflating the 'EU immigrants taking UK jobs' rhetoric with NHS staff shortages.

Caporegime

Are you going to magic up these British born medical staff?

The NHS cannot find enough British born medical staff, which is why it hires so many johnny foreigners, and pays locums ridiculous amounts of money to fill shifts.

Yep, the NHS can start giving the jobs to the British born inexperienced staff members who want to go on strike every 5 minutes.

Maybe we could have 2 lanes in hosiptals, airport customs style,
Red lane (to match the blood pressure) brexit voters, staffed only by brits
Blue lane, staffed by the best people qualified to do the job

Soldato
Maybe we could have 2 lanes in hosiptals, airport customs style,
Red lane (to match the blood pressure) brexit voters, staffed only by brits
Blue lane, staffed by the best people qualified to do the job

Leaving the EU doesn't mean that we'll only have British staff, it means we can recruit World wide and treat everyone the same, whether they're from the Europe, South America or Asia, and we'll have more places because we won't have the sky high immigration numbers we have now.

Associate
Anyone fancy a punt as to how long it will be before the UK has ships in the Channel ferrying them safely ashore, just like in the Med'? You know, those people smuggler deterrent ships that actually officially smuggle thousands ashore into Europe every month? You can't even go for a paddle without stepping on an illegal migrant now, what a bleedin' fiasco.

Funny you should say that but 6 have been safely delivered to these shores this morning from a small boat off Dover by a border force cutter.

Soldato
We mustn't jump to conclusions says the PC BBC they might have been a group of Africans who all got washed out to sea whilst sunbathing.

They were from London. However there is a boatload of migrants rescued off the Kent coast this morning. I guess they made it to the Promised Land after all as its highly unlikely they'll be deported.

Trained medical staff that are British born tend to go private due to the money, better management and better hours.

Most of them bugger off abroad half the medics in Australia appear to be white and British.

Leaving the EU doesn't mean that we'll only have British staff, it means we can recruit World wide and treat everyone the same, whether they're from the Europe, South America or Asia, and we'll have more places because we won't have the sky high immigration numbers we have now.

Just the same as we do now you mean?

Or is there some secret EU legislation I am unaware of that says we can only employ EU nurses?

There is no positive discrimination to take on EU over UK or foreign workers unless I am mistaken... in fact I believe that would be illegal.

More places because we reduce immigration?, places for what for who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom