Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Has anyone been using the phone app and scanning the triangles in?

I have. Got about 16 now. Also got 18 breech software so far.

Not had a chance to play today, but I believe I have completed all side missions now. Just missed out on one because as usual it turns out I killed the guy... :o:p:D

Associate
No, rather embarrassingly the problem was completely of my own doing. When I went into the driver settings the GPU clock was set at -47%. I reset the settings and rebooted, ran the benchmark again - same 24 FPS on High settings. Went back into the driver settings and the GPU clock was set at -47% again so resetting to that every time the system started up. So then checked MSI Afterburner and I somehow saved a profile with the GPU clock set to minimum and set to be applied on start up! I must have thought I was putting it back to normal when I was messing around with overclocking a while back.

Problem now solved getting 45 FPS on High setting plus a few extras on Mankind Divided. Happy and relieved. Now I can actually enjoy playing the game instead of being peed off!

Lol, glad you got it fixed!

Caporegime
Other than the first mission, which is basically training, the game let's you do whatever you want in Prague

I spent at least 15 hours before I even went to TF29 HQ, which is the first 'storyline' mission.

Man of Honour
I think you need to explore more. :confused:

I don't mean so much in terms of the map design - but in terms of your player development.

TBH though I'm really no gelling with this game - I picked up the original and HR very rapidly didn't really need to do any training stuff, etc. everything just fell into place but this one feels all over the place with half a dozen different menu/inventory/power screens, etc. I'm having a hard time accessing the basics with it and I'm not sure why.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What do the triangles actually do then?

They bring up youtube videos from the developers. Not watched them though. Will do that on my 2ns playthrough :)

This I have 2 now...

erm... lol...

One you get right away from the start, so essentially means you got 1 only. How many hours you played so far?

I think you need to explore more. :confused:

Indeed. It is like he is playing a different game or something :p

I don't mean so much in terms of the map design - but in terms of your player development.

TBH though I'm really no gelling with this game - I picked up the original and HR very rapidly didn't really need to do any training stuff, etc. everything just fell into place but this one feels all over the place with half a dozen different menu/inventory/power screens, etc. I'm having a hard time accessing the basics with it and I'm not sure why.

Huh, was easy fr me.

Associate
Well I've managed to get past the M14 Subway crash bug and complete the game, had to roll back to an earlier save and replay about an hours worth again, gonna go back and see if I can get the better ending.

Soldato
Lol, glad you got it fixed!

Thanks! I can't believe, on reflection, how ****ed off I was at the time! It takes you to lose all that power and performance to really appreciate it again. I think I was running at 53% performance on my card for around 2 months and never really noticed! I suppose that says something for the capability of the Fury X card but then I have been playing a few older games recently... Half Life 2, STALKER Chernobyl, F.E.A.R 3, Mass Effect - all the games I missed during by 15 year gaming gap from Tomb Raider 3 to Far Cry 3... Although I have been playing Star Wars Battlefront and DOOM a lot recently - I guess they are a bit more well optimized though as they do look every bit as good as Deus Ex... or Rise of the Tomb Raider if we're dong to have a wee dig at Square Enix and Nixxes...

Soldato
Thanks! I can't believe, on reflection, how ****ed off I was at the time! It takes you to lose all that power and performance to really appreciate it again. I think I was running at 53% performance on my card for around 2 months and never really noticed! I suppose that says something for the capability of the Fury X card but then I have been playing a few older games recently... Half Life 2, STALKER Chernobyl, F.E.A.R 3, Mass Effect - all the games I missed during by 15 year gaming gap from Tomb Raider 3 to Far Cry 3... Although I have been playing Star Wars Battlefront and DOOM a lot recently - I guess they are a bit more well optimized though as they do look every bit as good as Deus Ex... or Rise of the Tomb Raider if we're going to have a wee dig at Square Enix and Nixxes...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OMG, I just got the achievement I most wanted. I was hoping they would do it like in HR, you get an achievement when getting a shot in the basket with the basketball :D:D:D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I can't seem to leave Prague, because after talking to Miller this happens:

if333T2h.jpg

Ui disappears, i get stuck in the ground and i cant move or do anything at all. Fun!

Do yourself a favour a chuck that 21:9 monitor out of the nearest window will ya. Way too much stress :p

Jokes aside, I got my first problem too 40 hours in. On mission 12 at the moment with all side quests done. When I go subway in mission 12 to get to the other side, it crashes. Tried going different stations, tried validating steam files etc, no luck. At first I thought it was my overclock, as I got my 1070 running 2101MHz stable, but even at stock same issue. Looked around the net, loads of people having it it seems :(

So I took the chance and went on a killing spree.. Killed every cop on the street I could find. *******s were abusing their power and killing innocent people on the street :p

Soldato
Was it invisible war where you could control the robots?

Unless I'm imagining things :confused:.

Edit: finally found the correct Google term and yes it was. I wish this was possible in the new one. The robots look like fun :(.

Last edited:
Soldato
Only real glitch I've had is right near the start. When the
woman cop decides to go ape**** on the checkpoint
one of the guys glitched into a wall and couldn't be shot.

Soldato
How is the performance now guys ? im wondering how it would play on a i5 4690k and a gtx 970

Performance for me on a 980ti @ max and 2560 was flawless up until the last patch. Now, I'm getting quite severe stutter and menu hang every few minutes. I was really enjoying the game, but turned it off out of frustration last night. You'll probably be ok.

Back
Top Bottom