• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Well can it run Deus Ex MD ?

Permabanned
Always seems to be the case with the engine used in Hitman - I've seen site benchmarks showing a massive difference between the RX480 and 780ti in DX11 while user benchmarks from ingame show them quite close.

Yes. Did you see the artifacts and how much ram it was using ,which did not even make a noticeable difference.

Caporegime
So far, any DX12 footage I've seen in games shows almost no difference, at least to me anyway. Anybody else think the same? :)

Quite a hefty use of ram & video memory there. :eek: Nice little boost in fps certain parts, though.

Last edited:
Permabanned
So far, any DX12 footage I've seen in games shows almost no difference, at least to me anyway. Anybody else think the same? :)

Quite a hefty use of ram & video memory there. :eek: Nice little boost in fps, though.

In last scene DX11 had 5- 6 fps advantage over DX12 ,however, it is still in beta. I think they only made DX12 for in built benchmark for this game.

Soldato
In last scene DX11 had 5- 6 fps advantage over DX12 ,however, it is still in beta. I think they only made DX12 for in built benchmark for this game.

The cpu load is unbalanced in DX12 mode which could explain the difference. DX12 is supposed to spread load better over cores but this seems to put more usage on core 1.

Associate
The cpu load is unbalanced in DX12 mode which could explain the difference. DX12 is supposed to spread load better over cores but this seems to put more usage on core 1.

Exactly, though DX12 is supposed to spread load better on rendering tasks. It doesn't help for AI, Physics or other stuff. What this one big thread does is beyond us to determine.

Here is how threading looks in the game under DX12 for those interestested:

No%20more%20overhead%20problems._zps1iwcpiv6.png

We see one thread being more dominant than others. DX12 did get rid of my problems caused by AMD driver overhead, which was causing me problems running on streets especially (lowered gpu usage and clockspeeds). Ram usage is quite high, but that is running on Ultra details, and card only has 4GB.

Soldato
Permabanned
The API is fine, it's 100% down to Developers. They have to purposely code the best path for each vendor's hardware to get the best performance.

A common codepath is not ideal and will result in mediocre performance compared to a specific one.

ID tech is the best PC developers ,which these so called best PC ports companies are proving.

Caporegime
Always seems to be the case with the engine used in Hitman - I've seen site benchmarks showing a massive difference between the RX480 and 780ti in DX11 while user benchmarks from ingame show them quite close.

Its well known the default Hitman benchmark heavily favors AMD while in game performance favors Nvidia.

Soldato
ID tech is the best PC developers ,which these so called best PC ports companies are proving.

It tech is also the best console one then, as they also did the Doom versions for consoles and those ran well also.

IdTech also has a lot more freedom for development compared to the likes of Crystal Dynamics or Nixxes; as Square Enix and other publishers always get their grubby hands into development; as place it should never be.

They even forced in the DLC code days before launch, and that caused performance updates and the rest to be delayed apparently. Nasty behaviour :/

Soldato
Its well known the default Hitman benchmark heavily favors AMD while in game performance favors Nvidia.
Really?

That video is comprised of actual gameplay from several different environments within the game and suggests a large AMD advantage across the board.

Permabanned
It tech is also the best console one then, as they also did the Doom versions for consoles and those ran well also.

IdTech also has a lot more freedom for development compared to the likes of Crystal Dynamics or Nixxes; as Square Enix and other publishers always get their grubby hands into development; as place it should never be.

They even forced in the DLC code days before launch, and that caused performance updates and the rest to be delayed apparently. Nasty behaviour :/

I have to give ID tech though that both AMD and Nvidia shined in Vulkan but AMD more ,however, the point is both gained. But in DX12 both are losers and Nvidia is more.

Soldato
I have to give ID tech though that both AMD and Nvidia shined in Vulkan but AMD more ,however, the point is both gained. But in DX12 both are losers and Nvidia is more.

We have to remember that AMD's GCN architecture has a lot of unused potential, simply look at the TFLOPs and compute units and shaders.

DX12 allows developers to use more of it, hence the gains; but the same applies to NVIDIA.

Developers really need to put in a lot of effort to get the best for both. Sadly so far most developers; especially the "AAA" ones are pushed too much for deadlines so we get rushed and unoptimised updates a lot.

Also I personally would prefer more developers to move to Vulkan as well, but once again deadlines. DX12 is more familiar for developers that have used DX for years, so I doubt they'll suddenly move over.

Back
Top Bottom