What watch do you wear?

VBN

VBN

Associate
I rather like that - not usually into the 007 specials, but that has a nice vintage look to it.

Yeah its a lovely looking watch and doesn't have 007 plastered all over it. Its a nod to the original 1957 300

Love that, but couldn't pull the trigger before they all got snapped up.

Did you manage to bag it for a reasonable price? Most I've seen are way over the odds.
. Nor could I at the time. Reasonable maybe...it was 1k over original rrp. Lots going around £6200-£6500. Its a lot of money but its a lovely watch

Man of Honour
timefactors natos are good quality and not silly prices

I've had a bunch from them, good quality buckles on them too (although when they shifted to the new design loops, they were too tight for the canvas thickness to fit into), but IMO the Maratac ones cost a few quid more, but are much better weave quality at the same time (tougher, but not thicker).

Edit*
Watchgecko above I would rate second to Maratac NATOs :cool: Two of my favourite NATO sellers now.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, I was able to buy a black face @ slightly above the UK retail.
Wore it for a little over a week during which period I traveled 3 continents, friends and accosiates were offering me almost twice what I paid for it.

So I ended up flipping it for an AP 15450 & a Rolex Sub ceramic (both new & unworn)
No regrets as I really wanted (& still want) a white face ceramic Daytona.

I'll wait for the hype to die down a bit and try my luck with one of my trusted suppliers.

Was always fond of the white dial daytona, but this latest iteration is, for me, a grail option. The best one they've release since the Paul Newman era.

I'd happily pay a small premium on retail but the current prices are ridiculous and out of my reach. I'm buying a Nomos for my wife soon, so I'll try and get the AD to put me on the list for one.

Associate
Steinhart :(:(
After trying to contact them since 18th August they now have the watch and send me this.

I talked with our watchmaker, he told me, that he have to change the case. The costs are 80€. Please let me know, shall we do this?

Thank you for your efforts

Seriously not happy so I replied

The part became detached during normal use and therefore I wish this to be a warranty claim as it should last longer than 11 months.
I work abroad and dont take the watch with me so it has only been worn approx 5 months and would expect the quality of your product to last.
I do not see why I should have to pay for a repair, if you insist on payment please pass this on to your manager as a un-satisfied customer and ask them to contact me.
Regards

Definitely off my list for future purchases, will be local jewellers only so I can speak to someone in person.

Going to ask for a refund if they wont honour the warranty

Dave

Caporegime
I'm looking at dive watches again and I have to admit... I feel loyal to Longines.

Been looking at their Longines Heritage Diver 1967 and I really like it, although I am not fully convinced on the red bezel as I don't want it to look too flashy and eye-catching. I wish they did a blue version. :(

** Do NOt Hotlink images

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Victorinox Night Vision 2
img_20160201_162248cyjv8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom