• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
These drivers cause various Windows 10 apps to crash, particularly "mail". Also, when you move a tile on the start menu it disappears.

A hotfix is in the works, I'd hold off on these.

Soldato
The best nVidia drivers have often been the beta CUDA development drivers lol.

Funny thing is my 780 never saw any real issue, but ever since i took Maxwell for a ride with the 980 ti it has been rollercoaster ride of annoyances and it continues with my 1070 but to a lesser degree. Always something breaking when something else is finaly fixed. And the excuse is "we have to deal with more code than what is in the windows kernel".. i dont give a flying dutchman.

For the moment however the 375.57 seems to work fine with the exception of gsync being a naughty boy(and the flicker bug on boot is still there). I cannot have it disabled in desktop and enabled in fullscreen games. It completely ***** up. Ive tried setting the global settings to fixed refresh, ive tried disabling gsync and enabling it in specific profiles, heck even when ive had enough and disabling it all together my monitor is sometimes stuck in gsync mode until i restart.

Associate
Associate
Does anyone know if there is going to be a fix for the 144hz high clock with a second 60hz monitor in an up comming driver? When switching to 120hz on the main monitor the clocks idle.

Soldato
i always wonder how you guys have so many issues/bad luck with drivers.

i think a lot of it is people think their:
"Stable OC" is stable
You must use DDU everytime.
always put the AMD/NV Driver at fault for all video issues/gaming crashing
when it could be data corruption/Hardware issues/or even bad coded games

Only once had a issue with Nvidia drivers. that was on the 280GTX!.

i upgrade to every driver, without a clean install & don't see any issues or decreased perf/bouncing clocks.

but then again i don't OC or use DDU..

I just only install the PHYSX + GPU driver nothing else. maybe thats the answer, all this extra bloat causing you guys issues? looking at you GFE..

Last edited:
Soldato

"Stable OC" is stable

i upgrade to every driver, without a clean install & don't see any issues or decreased perf/bouncing clocks.

I just only install the PHYSX + GPU driver nothing else. maybe thats the answer, all this extra bloat causing you guys issues? looking at you GFE..

I do the same, and not had issues, but is the PHYSX part of the install still needed for modern games....? I have installed that part more out of habit really.

Soldato

"Stable OC" is stable

i dont blame nvidia for the performance in mafia 3, thats on the devs, just as an example. Its been rare for me that nvidia drivers were the direct fault for low fps for me personally. But if i can revert to an older driver and a problem goes away and repeat the process over and over with the same result, then im going to point fingers at nvidia and ask for a fix.

Right now Gsync is a mess for me. It doesnt respect if you select fullscreen or fullscreen + windowed as its always on using the latest drivers, nvidia has even confirmed this as a design choice. Now this is ffing annoying as many desktop apps dont play nice with gsync, one would be the opera + youtube combo in my case. Ive had problem with vsync stutter and that still persist for me both on my now sold 980ti and my current 1070, where as if i throw in my old dusty r9 290 vsyncing + fps cap works like a charm. List goes on with small annoyances. Not to mentiion that sometimes even with gsync on globally i get a tear here and there if im running window mode, even after confirming that gsync is running and active through the monitor OSD.

I would agree that some people may be the victim of PEBCAK but then also some people will say everything is hunkydory simply because they are not sensitive enough to the issues or even aware that what they see is not what is suppose to happen. I mean how many times have we not heard the qoute "everything is smooth here" just to find out the dude is running at 30 fps.. if that was smooth we would not have variable refresh rate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom