• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I noticed that since GFE updated to the new design, I can no longer control the led on the card, used to be able to have the 'GeForce gtx' text flash, increase with load, turn it off etc, now there are no options that I can see to control it.

Not really a big deal but I'm curious as to whether NVidia removed this feature or whether it moved elsewhere?

Soldato
Gsync module/monitor faulty?

nope its not, if you read what i wrote you would see the line where nvidia has confirmed this behaviour. Now if only i could find the stupid post on geforce forums with the official reply. Ill edit this comment if i succed.

Gsync works if enabled the normal way, but its also enabled on desktop which i hate. If i want to have it enabled in fullscreen games but not on the desktop nvidias reply is "your **** out of luck son". There is a workaround that i found but its glitchy and certainly not perfect. The best way to disable desktop gsync is to run windows 7 and use the classic shell, that way you wont have an issue with gsync ingame(yet it then only work in fullscreen games).

But lets say for argument sake that there is something wrong with the module, it still doesnt explain the horrible vsync stutter. I have the same gsync monitor hooked up right now to an old r9 290 and vsync is working perfectly. I can actually play grim dawn again without framedrops, i can play Deus Ex without issus or massive stuttering.. Everything just works and while im not the biggest fan of the new Radeon settings atleast it does not take me a war and a sandwich to get into it just to fiddle with 1 setting.

Soldato
Why do you hate G-Sync on the desktop? It still runs at the maximum hz of your monitor...

i hate it because some apps have major issues with it and you cannot turn it off for those apps while keeping it for the rest. An example of an issue would be opera + youtube playback the last many driver versions have caused weird frame flashing where old frames is shown more than once cause it to be unwatchable. To make matters worse, i cannot disable gsync just for opera or any other app unless i want to disable it globally as it ignores the per app settings if its enabled globally which for me has been the only way to get gsync working properly through the last many drivers. Im frankly sick of it.

Caporegime
i hate it because some apps have major issues with it and you cannot turn it off for those apps while keeping it for the rest. An example of an issue would be opera + youtube playback the last many driver versions have caused weird frame flashing where old frames is shown more than once cause it to be unwatchable. To make matters worse, i cannot disable gsync just for opera or any other app unless i want to disable it globally as it ignores the per app settings if its enabled globally which for me has been the only way to get gsync working properly through the last many drivers. Im frankly sick of it.

Use chrome. I don't have issues with YouTube on that with my Acer predator X34a

I also have a 4k TV connected via HDMI (non G-Sync, obviously) and have no issues even though that is a multi monitor setup.

Soldato
Use chrome. I don't have issues with YouTube on that with my Acer predator X34a

I also have a 4k TV connected via HDMI (non G-Sync, obviously) and have no issues even though that is a multi monitor setup.

i dont want to use chrome.. how silly a suggestion that is. Opera has been working perfectly fine in the past and its a problem that has arrived over the later driver revisions. As i clearly said before, its not just a problem with opera but also other apps.

Associate
hey guys, im trying to install the latest nvdia graphics driver 375.63 and it says that this nvidia installer cannot continue because it is not compitable with this version of windows.

My windows is 10 1607 OS Build 14393.321

Last edited:
Associate
1st i tried to do it from nvia geforce experience when i click download drivers it says unable to connect to nvidia try again later. so when to the website to download it manually which did and i got that error message as i stated above

edit. i may have downloaded the 32bit...doing 64bit now..will report back in a bit

Back
Top Bottom