**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Man of Honour
What I mean it is it charges as fast as the Note 7 did :)

I've not even taken the dash charger out of the box, I don't really need to charge my phone that fast yet.

Associate
Picked one of these up from O2 yesterday, so far so good, really does seem like an excellent phone for the money.

One slight issue though, whenever I am charging the phone (with the supplied dash charger), I can feel a "tingling" electrical shock sensation when I touch the metal body of the phone. Does this happen with anybody elses unit? I'm guessing this is some kind of grounding issue...

Just wanted to see if this is typical behaviour before I go and try to exchange the phone.

Soldato
Picked one of these up from O2 yesterday, so far so good, really does seem like an excellent phone for the money.

One slight issue though, whenever I am charging the phone (with the supplied dash charger), I can feel a "tingling" electrical shock sensation when I touch the metal body of the phone. Does this happen with anybody elses unit? I'm guessing this is some kind of grounding issue...

Just wanted to see if this is typical behaviour before I go and try to exchange the phone.
Yes happens to mine that tingly sensation. Doesn't bother me at all. I thought it was down to having a metal body . I'll see what happens to the pixel when I charge it.

EDIT - tried the OP3 with a slower charger and it doesn't tingle. So it seems to be down to the dash charger.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
Oh I'd be perfectly fine without - if it was my own phone. Sadly it belongs to the wife and she can be clumsy, as she doesn't respect tech and gadgets!

Same thing with my wife. But since the screen protectors just don't work well with 2.5D, a case is her only line of protection as plastic one take away the nice feel of glass.

Soldato
Same thing with my wife. But since the screen protectors just don't work well with 2.5D, a case is her only line of protection as plastic one take away the nice feel of glass.
Yeah, I ordered the official OP3 gold flip case when I bought the phone and that is doing a good job of looking after the device so far. The screen still has that stock 'protector' on it, but it picks up grease and dirt like no mans business.

Soldato
I absolutely love this phone and feel even more vindicated after watching some of the pixel vs op3 videos.

The OP3 is literally the standout phone for me this year - gets almost everything right for a bargain of a price.

For anyone that hasn't done so try the below - made the OP3 even better for me.

If you feel that everything is a little to big and chunky see below to lower the DPI and fit more onto the display.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30018810&postcount=801

http://android.wonderhowto.com/how-...creen-resolution-without-root-access-0160439/

Back
Top Bottom