Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Soldato
Is it too late to start playing this or does everyone know every inch of all the maps? I've only ever really played COD4 and COD:BO online but fancy having a go!

The learning curve on CS is equivalent of how much hours you put into the game, you can learn maps just from watching competitive tournaments, but the actual recoil, grenades, tactics, crosshair placement and other comes from experience. Good news is thay you played FPS games, that gives you a benefit over people coming from playing other genres.

Soldato
Hardest player level I ever saw was from a faceit group. Way higher then ESEA that I saw at least, that has a whole range of people put into a pug usually. Keep playing and it'll put you into harder games and might need a subscription then, not sure as I never played more then occasional random games. The faceit group I met were on popflash after faceit went down, mg2 is only just above average you will get wrecked dont worry :D

Seems like a sound argument, impossible reaction time except by a cat maybe :p. Somebody did tell me there is a third ban via heuristic scan done by valve , not vac and not overwatch and it watches for repeated impossible shots in games. I dont think its timing, more like the bizon player I met who fired every bullet as a headshot across the width of mirage A site and he was banned in 2 days, maybe it was automatic. Explains partly why xray is so prevalent, its very 'messy'
O0hr4Lj.png
The learning curve on CS is equivalent of how much hours you put into the game
Some people have a predisposition where they could be DMG in a month or so I guess and others will never really rank up especially. Theres no reason not to try, cs is very popular and has a whole ton of very average people to beat and some will find it easy going even if new.
Its a good game even if you not godlike, I still have no idea why people insist on trying to get into the wrong rank for their skill level

Soldato
gotta be close to a rank up now, not lost a game in the last 9 (could be more)

all games over 20 kills

4 games over 30 kills

2 games 16-0

MG2 -> MGE

Associate
OP
Not been on in a while myself, been very busy. We can try and get the server going again tomorrow night if that suits? Let me know and i'll update the OP.

Associate
gotta be close to a rank up now, not lost a game in the last 9 (could be more)

all games over 20 kills

4 games over 30 kills

2 games 16-0

MG2 -> MGE

The rank up from MG2 to MGE took so long for me also dropped back down to MG2 twice but now been MGE for around a week or so with very few losses. Just downloaded BF1 so my MM rank may take a beating on CSGO.

Associate
Kinda stopped playing csgo at the mo, played a game on mm today just to keep my global rank but other than that I think its just grown a little tiresome to play.
ESEA is good as the anti cheat is really good, so if you feel you are always playing against cheaters then its worth its sub anyday, 128 tick is really good but doesnt turn you into a god.
I've let my sub run doormant again. Enjoying BF1, overwatch and H1Z1 too much to warrant paying for it.

Last edited:

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Bizarrely, I was roped into playing a couple of comp games the other day. Considering I haven't played for many, many months, I kicked arse. Seemed to have downranked from LE/LEM to GN4 though from inactivity :D

Back
Top Bottom