PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Can someone who has Amazon Prime try playing the Grand Tour please to see if you get 4k as despite my 50mb internet connection I only seem to be getting 1080p. Other apps such as youtube show 4k video so my pro and tv seem to be set correctly.

Streamed this Saturday night in 4K on my TV (KS8000) so it is available in 4K.

I don't know about the PS App. Sorry.

Associate
Yeah but speculating to a collegue or to himself is one thing but to ask a customer thst question is mind blowing. Folk that work in Game though are generally morons and part of the reason they will fail again as a business. Pay more and get awful service, no thanks.

Too harsh. Never had a problem with Game, they are local and very handy for me. And I agree with another poster, they are entitled to ask for the reasons given.

Soldato
Replaced my PS4 Pro today.
Different staff. Not as friendly.
Me: I noticed the seal was broken when I got home and I'm worried because it seems a little noisy. Obviously my concern is it's been returned.
Game Guy: We wouldn't have opened it and what to you mean noisy?
** mild argument ensues **
Game Guy (to colleague): Can you grab another from the back.
** Colleague returns **
Game Guy to colleague: Can you grab a sealed one please.

Yep. Justice delivered. The replacement his colleague grabbed also had a broken seal. He went on to say he was going to send an email (to whom I have no idea) since both consoles came from the same 'stack'.

Two further irritations. His other collleaue asked if there was actually a console in the box I'd returned. I mean really!?!?

And a boss-eyed customer sticking his ore in stating how noisy the Pro is, going on to say it's 2X louder than a launch PS4. Of course the staff nod in awkward agreement. They know it's not true!

Blimey, that turned into a bit of a rant.

Sounds like an "Open all hours" episode. They really are clueless in game, to agree that it is noisy with another customer is unprofessional at best, damn well out of order and reason for a refund at worse.

Soldato
Too harsh. Never had a problem with Game, they are local and very handy for me. And I agree with another poster, they are entitled to ask for the reasons given.

Agreed, they can 100% ask what the problem is. To then ask if anything is in the box is another matter and implies theft. They could be more discrete and check rather than putting the poster in an awkward situation. Just poor customer service which is associated with that company.

Soldato
I have noticed a few differences in games. Just Cause 3 runs better on the Pro.

I think the CPU does not change clock speed and some games are benefiting from the increased CPU performance.

Soldato
I noticed Watch Dogs 2 played and look better on my 1080p using the Pro compared to the standard, despite all the bad feedback.

Shadows of Mordor now looks the way it did when I had the PC version running on my old R9 270x with everything tuned up to max. Nice improvement but not big wow factor.

Soldato
I've never had the flicker problem on my Pro and it does run through PSVR box in to a 4K HDR TV (miffed at the whole HDR VR issue) I do use a quality (£6 from Amazon) HDMI lead to the TV.

My only issue is how loud it gets especially on VR it's like a jet taking off!!! Really can't be bothered with going through returns but should I or are they all noisy under stress?

Associate
At least the Pro seems to be a lot more quiet than the old PS4, far from the jet taking off. Been playing VR games too. Overall this has been a huge upgrade well worth the money,after selling the old one that is.

Soldato
Any one else had trouble with the Twitch / YouTube streaming on the Pro?

Tried streaming Watch Dogs and it's very blocky. Had to resort to 720 High in the end, even on YouTube. 12Mbit upload during off peak times should be more than enough.

Caporegime
I've never had the flicker problem on my Pro and it does run through PSVR box in to a 4K HDR TV (miffed at the whole HDR VR issue) I do use a quality (£6 from Amazon) HDMI lead to the TV.

I think you can get little boxes on The rainforest that will switch a HDMI signal and still carry 4k/60hz/HDR so that might be worth getting

Then you can have one HDMI cable in to the PSVR box and one straight in to the TV.

Soldato
Ok I wasn't going to get one of these, at least not so soon because hardly any of the Pro optimised titles are of any interest to me. Yet I still keep looking at them, no idea why.

I'm not interested in Call of Duty or Battlefield 1 really and even if I was, I'd be playing them on PC. What I'm getting at really is what else is recommended to show this off? I don't have Uncharted 4 or Last of Us Remastered yet so I figure they're a good place to start. Are there any Pro optimised demos on the store yet?

Soldato
Ok I wasn't going to get one of these, at least not so soon because hardly any of the Pro optimised titles are of any interest to me. Yet I still keep looking at them, no idea why.

I'm not interested in Call of Duty or Battlefield 1 really and even if I was, I'd be playing them on PC. What I'm getting at really is what else is recommended to show this off? I don't have Uncharted 4 or Last of Us Remastered yet so I figure they're a good place to start. Are there any Pro optimised demos on the store yet?

The latest FF15 demo is the only one I can think of and you need a jap account to download it.

Back
Top Bottom