Project LAZARUS - Skulltrail D5400XS + QX9775

Associate
OP
Even MOAR RAD

I really need to stop making impulse buys while im browsing tinternet on the throne.

I may have just bought an Alphacool Monsta 480mm Rad.
"Where on earth do I plan on fitting that?!" I hear no one cry

Well, I may not just be getting one but two. More on that later :D

Associate
Well if there was one thing this build was lacking it was definitely radiator area, so good to see you've sorted it with a Monsta or 2 :D

Associate
This could be epic- I've always wondered about doing something like this as it would keep the main case clean as while getting massive cooling potential all within the confines of 2 largely TJ07- I miss mine still:D

Associate
OP
This could be epic- I've always wondered about doing something like this as it would keep the main case clean as while getting massive cooling potential all within the confines of 2 largely TJ07- I miss mine still:D

Lets hope I can deliver! Already have all the aluminium brazing kit and have since simplified the joining method so its looking good :D
I do need to fit the second Monsta rad in the basement of the first case but should still look very clean. (custom basement design of course - loop layout unaffected)
Also will retain some of the original TJ07 styling we all know and love with that wide low level grill in the side of the case. Will of course be putting my spin on it :D

Well if there was one thing this build was lacking it was definitely radiator area, so good to see you've sorted it with a Monsta or 2 :D

Well the last thing I want is to get all this done and end up looking back and thinking "if only I had just built in one more Monsta rad, I could have pushed it just that bit further"

At this point its hardly adding any cost - price difference between the UT60 and Monsta is negligable anyway! YOLO :D

Associate
OP
Had a look at the mobo and looks like I have 3no. 4pin connectors. Thats three out of 5 rads taken care of (24 fans) :D
Should be able to handle the remaining 16 rad fans from the Aquaero4 and save some money.

The plan is to incorporate some inline sensors into the base of the case. I put these back in the latest design revision as I reintroduced the basement to fit two of the Monsta Rads :)

Associate
OP
Hahaha I don't even think I've ever had as much money as this is probably costing :D

Well the good news is that I already had all the primary components. Admittedly the fitting list is pretty heavy so hardline may be a later addition.
At least I have plenty of time. The system is already 8 years old so not much of a rush now :D

Keeping a sharp eye out for good second hand deals!

Associate
OP
Fire and Molten Metal

HTS 2000 Brazing Rods have arrived. Just need to find me some cheap T-slot aluminium. Will probably weld the two aluminum uni-bodies together then use an automotive body filler to make the join disappear.

Would take too long to build it up in welds and be less cost effective anyway. Should be an easier job to sand and prep for paint too.

Back
Top Bottom