*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
Only in unpoulated/explored space.

IIRC you can just scan the Nav Beacon to get the system's data. So you can go w/o a scanner in the bubble more or less.

Yeah you can but to exit super cruise and risk being hit by pirates... nah... I'll spend 1.5M per ship to just press a button :)

No. I do however recommend anyone who likes this game or anything similar buys a decent flight stick and rudder. I use the Saitek X52 and it is fantastic (especially in VR and adds to the immersion).

This tbh. HOTAS is epic. And VR is also epic. Not sure I could use a mouse to fly. BF1 didn't have joysticks for flying when it first came out and it became a pain

Caporegime
Getting off and clear of planets for line of sight to jump to next destination, there must be a better was of doing it than flying in a straight line for an hour until the planet is no longer obscuring the destination?

Caporegime
Getting off and clear of planets for line of sight to jump to next destination, there must be a better was of doing it than flying in a straight line for an hour until the planet is no longer obscuring the destination?

Jump to supercruise and then move out the way so the next planet is in line of sight.

Caporegime

Obsidianant is my kind of player. He enjoys the game because of the smaller beauty things and jaw dropping canyons and crevices that can be found. Often when I am in explorer mode, I take the time out to explore these things as well and complete and utter relaxation takes hold.

Associate
17 Draconis is working again, ridiculous bug. Went from 20mill to 700mill in 3-4 runs. Some missions pay 18mill alone! And it is best to do in a sidewinder!

Soldato
How did you get the rep? Just donate? How much did that cost and how long?

Yep. Donated until I saw a low paying skimmer mission. Got like 2-3 then did it and came back. Then donated. Keep going

Now I'm allied I was getting 20 x 10-15M missions. Madness

Love my Corvette. If I didn't do this 'exploit' then I would have had to have sold my Cutter... and I love my Cutter. But she's a big girl

I liken the Corvette to a Python. Medium maneuverability but much harder punch. All engineered MCs with incendiary or corrosive shells

OMG

Associate
Yep. Donated until I saw a low paying skimmer mission. Got like 2-3 then did it and came back. Then donated. Keep going

Now I'm allied I was getting 20 x 10-15M missions. Madness

Love my Corvette. If I didn't do this 'exploit' then I would have had to have sold my Cutter... and I love my Cutter. But she's a big girl

I liken the Corvette to a Python. Medium maneuverability but much harder punch. All engineered MCs with incendiary or corrosive shells

OMG

I'm glad you are happy with your Corvette but just shows how broken the mission system is at the moment.

They definitely need to increase payout for some missions but this just defeats the point of playing. They may just as well remove money altogether so you can just choose which ship you want to fly or allow you to manually update your credit balance.

I'm out in the beyond almost at Colonia away from all the 17 Draconis madness :)

j6tEO6Zl.jpg

And in before another person complains about grinding... go and play the original Elite to understand where the mechanics came from.

Soldato
It's hard to see where they go with the 17-Draconis malarky.

My only suggestion is rather than number of ships, they do it by some kind of points worth of ships. Skimmers count 1, elite corvettes count 50. The 50k mission could be kill 10 points of ships, the 15 million mission could be 500 points worth. Missions should not stack.

Jumping in, dumbfiring 6 skimmers a few times for 15 million and repeating is a bit broken.

But equally, the endless trade/combat/explore grind for a conda will put a lot of people off.

I remember getting my 1st python and being just so damm chuffed, then realising the 8 million for the powerplant would take me further hours of space trucking.

High paying missions need to be harder/more difficult.

On the flip side, no-one has to do the ship massacre missions using skimmers.

You could roleplay it by just pretending to be the son of a duke who was given his first cutter as a 18th birthday pressie....

As it stands - who is going to earn their 1st python by trading in a asp.

Soldato
Made it over to 17D, what's the play then, got nothing but kill X number of ships belonging to Y group or give us money stuff..

Take missions to kill X ships from 17 Drac Alliance from The Order faction. If none appear, then donate and get allied. But it also wont work unless the two are in Civil War

Back
Top Bottom