**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Soldato
I got my Note 4 on release day. Within a week I dropped it in the bath. I frantically grabbed it and watched the screen spaz out and die. At the point I removed battery and sim etc and put phone in airing cupboard.

24hrs later it worked perfectly , 2yrs later battery was failing and I've installed an Anker one. Battery life is great.

My note 4 is battered to hell, the camera lens broke and I was too lazy to replace glass so now the camera takes photos with smudges on them.

But the screen has remained in good condition throughout.

Love this trusty phone!

Thug
Soldato
******* thing is broken. :(

Half the screen doesn't render properly now. Goes greyish (or a frozen image). Comes and goes, sometimes okay, sometimes not.

No receipt so I've got no warranty. Not a happy chappy. Took into Samsung shop today and they said they'd fix without receipt.........for 200 euro.. :/

Associate
This might be wishful thinking, but is there any Samsung Marshmallow Roms without a ton of bloatware?
Basic Memo and S pen apps, with Google services?

I do factory reset every 1-2 months, and uninstalling Facebook, Evernote, Flip board and 20 other useless apps is tedious..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Caporegime
There are plenty and also de-bloat scripts. One of the best ROMs is De Ketans which I think it a Note 7 port, not the slimmest of ROMs but very good.

Associate
I ordered 2 of the batteries from Samsung and they arrived this morning. Although not mentioned in the blurb they come with the neat opaque storage case.

Also and I'd suspected this before they both have the same S/N which in fact appears to be a batch number. The unique serial number is provided by the last 5 digits of the QR Code.

Associate
Thanks for the info.
I ordered 1 battery from Samsung. Took less than 24hours to arrive in Ireland. So good service there..

I have heard of De ketans rom. But I don't think there for me...

Caporegime
Screw it, ordered a Samsung battery. I think I put one of my previous batteries in my current N4 last month, blink and it will drop 1%. Think I need a new kernel as well.

Soldato
What's the best rom to use on a note 4?
As my phone is now well out of warranty I'd thought I would have a play with a new rom.

Phone is on 3 but unlocked so I'm assuming any rom can be used?

Looking for a non bloatware rom really, & one where Android pay/fingerprint login still works.

Caporegime
4th battery and this one is an official one. Early days but looks like drain is still pretty bad. It has to the phone and/or software (possibly the kernel I'm using).

Man of Honour
4th battery and this one is an official one. Early days but looks like drain is still pretty bad. It has to the phone and/or software (possibly the kernel I'm using).
I've had the same issues with both my Note 1 and 4 - part of the reason I bought the 4 was because my 1 had started doing it - cue the 1 has now stopped doing it. The 4 started doing it about 3 weeks after I bought it but then mysteriously stopped doing it 2 months later and hasn't repeated since so far.

I got my Note 4 on release day. Within a week I dropped it in the bath. I frantically grabbed it and watched the screen spaz out and die. At the point I removed battery and sim etc and put phone in airing cupboard.

24hrs later it worked perfectly

Similar story here. We were in Paignton (Devon), tide was coming in and we got trapped on a steep incline. The others got away ok, but I slipped and fell into the sea, waist high with the Note 4 in my back pocket. Only had it for a few weeks too. Apps started crashing, so I forced the thing off by removing the cover, battery, sim and SD card. Left it in the airing cupboard overnight, to good effect like with your Note 4.

Cheers guys for the battery links / advice as well.

Caporegime
Bahahahahahaha this new official battery. Never a good sign when the screen is not at the top of battery usage, current on just over 50% with 1hr21min SoT :p:p. What a joke.

I am starting to think I instead dreamt of having 7 hours of SoT when I first got this phone.

Associate
My note is dead won't turn on. :(

Left it on charge overnight and the notification light was flashing thus morning, tried to turn the screen on but it wouldn't work so removed the battery and ever since I've been unable to turn it back on.

Back
Top Bottom