• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
Are you planning on putting the AIO at the top or in the front?

I was thinking top for me, but reading around it's starting to look like I should move my HDD to the top cage, remove the bottom two, put the AIO there then move the 2 fans to the top.

Also i'm upgrading from a Core2Quad and DDR2 so anything is faster for me XD.

I was looking at that and may switch if the deal stops before I click pre-order lol.
My current AiO (Kelvin S36) is mounted in the top, but as an intake pushing air over the rad. I found temps around 5-6C worse with it as an exhaust due to the lack of air flow.

My lower cages are long gone, to make way for 2 GPU AiOs. Only way I could manage the heat of 2 290s/390s in the case.

OcUK Staff
isn't the last one is OCuk ?

It is indeed but our correct name is Overclockers UK.
Still I think it is pretty clear OcUK LTD is us and they clearly saved the best till last. I mean no other reseller out there gives you insight and chats with its customers and potential customers around the clock like OcUK Staff do. :)

Soldato
... at 22.20 in the evening.
Hmmm indeed........ Something is brewing and is not tea......
But only Gibbo knows, so we should wait.

It is indeed but our correct name is Overclockers UK.
Still I think it is pretty clear OcUK LTD is us and they clearly saved the best till last. I mean no other reseller out there gives you insight and chats with its customers and potential customers around the clock like OcUK Staff do. :)

Hence we buy from you, because of that :)

Soldato
i'm going stop reading this thread till the 2nd (or whenever NDA is lifted) giving me sleepless nights trying to work out (guess!) whats what!! :p

next couple of months are going to be interesting on the cpu front

Associate
My current AiO (Kelvin S36) is mounted in the top, but as an intake pushing air over the rad. I found temps around 5-6C worse with it as an exhaust due to the lack of air flow.

My lower cages are long gone, to make way for 2 GPU AiOs. Only way I could manage the heat of 2 290s/390s in the case.

I'll probably do the same and remove the bottom cages. But as I don't have GPU AiO's i think ill put mine on the front and move the fans to the top. Might end up swapping the fans out on the Corsair AiO depending on noise though.

Soldato
Looking at the previous pages just made me more confused on what RAM to pick. Trying to find a decent 16gb kit with lowish timings gets quite espensive. My mind tells me to just stick with something sensible like 2666Mhz but something is nudging me to 3000MHz.

Think I'm going for the MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, although I'm tempted to wait for Gigabyte's K5 which looks like is a little cheaper than the MSI on another site.

Soldato
Looking at the previous pages just made me more confused on what RAM to pick. Trying to find a decent 16gb kit with lowish timings gets quite espensive. My mind tells me to just stick with something sensible like 2666Mhz but something is nudging me to 3000MHz.

Think I'm going for the MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, although I'm tempted to wait for Gigabyte's K5 which looks like is a little cheaper than the MSI on another site.

Stick with 2666, the sub timings currently are pretty conservative. Pushing memory on this platform is a bit of a lead up a garden path. Plug and play users will want to focus more on spending money on cooling and CPU (not least of all motherboard)

Associate
By pure chance of stumbling across a bargain I've gone overkill (with a mix of plenty of optimism) and bought 4*8GB@3466mhz.

Gettin the 1800x paired with Crossfire which is already rated at 3200mhz+ and has a dedicated facility that boosts the memory (or so ASUS claim).

I half expect sometime by the end of the year to see 4000mhz being seen in extreme examples.

Associate
As a master OCer what memory would you suggest to get for Ryzen?

I know little when it comes to speeds and timings, I was just looking at the 3866 ones before but now I don't think the will be supported that high. Currently settled on the NightHawk LED as it's reduced to £113 at the moment.
id like to know this too please :)(for the hero or taichi)

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom