• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
OP
Omg.

This chip is so.

Fast...

image.png

Out pacing the crazy priced £1500 6950X, for a mere £320..

BUT... Remember we must compare only against gaming VS the 7700K high clocked quad core xD

Soldato
OP
I just discovered the OC tab, motherboard auto tunes. My god does it fly !!

Any real enthusiast should have a play with these imho.

Shame bias will get in he way for some. Oh well xD

Soldato
OP
CPUZ bench so much fun playing it.

No, you can only play games on Intel's quad cores remember. Remember to set to 720P and aim for 250FPS low graphical settings. That's the only way to play games.

We must all remember Synthetics, real world programs situations. Benchmarks, workstation and pricing oh and TDP stuff are irrelevant, Intel wins at 720P at that is the ONLY thing that counts.

Mei

Mei

Soldato
I just discovered the OC tab, motherboard auto tunes. My god does it fly !!

Any real enthusiast should have a play with these imho.

Shame bias will get in he way for some. Oh well xD

if AMD keep pushing forward i dont think they will be able to ignore it for long
want to try a 1700 myself >.<

Associate
Wait only tested for 30 seconds? Who the hell games for 30 seconds?

No wonder more and more people prefer the YouTube reviewers where they show side by side gameplay with all the Afterburner information; along with frame time and variance.

From the care salesman with the pearly whites

This car sales man kills me but he does a fantastic job selling it to us :)

Associate
I'm seeing a lot of people hypothesizing that the 1600x, as a gaming chip, won't clock too much higher, if any, from what we've seen from the 7 series. With this in mind, is it really worth buying over the 1700? I'm at a point right now where I'm waiting for the 1600x, but seeing the gaming results of the 7 series I would rather pay a little bit extra and take the 8 cores, with potentially similar gaming results to what the 1600x will deliver.

What are peoples' personal opinion on the 1600x's potential overclocking abilities, based off of what we have seen so far?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom