• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
Congratulations on the card. How much does thermal throttling effect the 1080Ti FE?

Thanks,

Boost is anywhere in the region of 1850 to 1900 stock and when the thermal throttling hits it'll go down to around 1650 to 1700.

EDIT: A 1:1 fan profile certainly helps. It keeps the card at around 70C which stops the throttling but it's very loud!

Last edited:
Associate
Do you feel it's worth it over a 1080 and please try to be honest...

I didn't own a 1080, I upgraded from a 980 Ti.

Having said that, IF you have the extra cash and can justify the extra performance then I'd say yes. But it also depends what you're aiming for. I play at 1440p and want to max EVERYTHING with a single card and the 1080 Ti is the card to do it.

Soldato
Worth the money?, no, but i knew that it wouldn't be coming from a 1080 and only playing BF4 @ 1440p at the minute and that runs great...just can't resist the shiny shiny.

Associate
L98Sa

Finaly got round to sticking the waterblock on. Scared myself witless - forgot to connect hard drives before booting up, thought I had bricked it :D.

Soldato
I didn't own a 1080, I upgraded from a 980 Ti.

Having said that, IF you have the extra cash and can justify the extra performance then I'd say yes. But it also depends what you're aiming for. I play at 1440p and want to max EVERYTHING with a single card and the 1080 Ti is the card to do it.
Same route and same reason. The 980 Ti was starting to struggle and a regular 1080 just wasn't enough of a jump in performance. £700 is a lot to play a few games, but if that is what it costs...

Soldato
Anyone feeling underwhelmed by the card? For the price etc.

Just fishing for some honest opinions really. I've seen some people unhappy.

The card is a hot one and unless your running an extremely aggressive fan profile your going to be seeing drops below 18/1700mhz as people have reported with the FE reference cooler.

Your going to be losing out on a lot of performance with a big chip card like this. TXP stock vs watercooled is something like a 15% increase in performance.

My advice is wait for a good AIB cooler, mod it with a hybrid cooler, or watercool it. A reference cooler certainly isn't the way to go where noise and performance is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom