• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
Yeah that reminds me, I can't seem to adjust voltage in AB. Any program that does? Any point?

would not bother to be honest mate. all the power on the board better off given to power limit. if power limit does ever go higher than 120% then worth messing with volts.

Associate
Please let me know if I'm not allowed to post this here, I'll remove it.

First review up on TPU https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GTX_1080_Ti_Xtreme_Gaming/
Two interesting little extracts:

Compared to both the ASUS STRIX and MSI Gaming X, the Gigabyte card comes with higher clocks out of the box, uses less power, and runs as quiet (ASUS) or quieter (MSI). So far, it's the best GTX 1080 Ti I've reviewed.

What did surprise us is the low default power target, which causes the card to run slightly slower due to hitting the TDP limit in gaming, which limits the Boost Clock range. On the other hand the adjustment range is much bigger than on competing cards and goes all the way right up to the 375 W limit defined by the power input configuration, which also means upgrading the power plugs from 6+8 to 8+8 was a justified move and is not just for show like we've seen on other cards.

Soldato
Please let me know if I'm not allowed to post this here, I'll remove it.

First review up on TPU https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GTX_1080_Ti_Xtreme_Gaming/
Two interesting little extracts:

Compared to both the ASUS STRIX and MSI Gaming X, the Gigabyte card comes with higher clocks out of the box, uses less power, and runs as quiet (ASUS) or quieter (MSI). So far, it's the best GTX 1080 Ti I've reviewed.

What did surprise us is the low default power target, which causes the card to run slightly slower due to hitting the TDP limit in gaming, which limits the Boost Clock range. On the other hand the adjustment range is much bigger than on competing cards and goes all the way right up to the 375 W limit defined by the power input configuration, which also means upgrading the power plugs from 6+8 to 8+8 was a justified move and is not just for show like we've seen on other cards.

Though most here will understand that vendors will send the best binned cards free to reviewers so any enthusiast will understand mileage may vary from any manufacturer. There isn't so much GPU silicon lottery when you are the AIB partner and have pallets of the things to select from for reviews.

Soldato
Though most here will understand that vendors will send the best binned cards free to reviewers so any enthusiast will understand mileage may vary from any manufacturer. There isn't so much GPU silicon lottery when you are the AIB partner and have pallets of the things to select from for reviews.

I think he's trying to promote the product as a whole, as you said Chip out be cherry picked etc, but having things stated " quieter then MSI" is a pretty bold statement and great marketing lol.

Soldato
I think he's trying to promote the product as a whole, as you said Chip out be cherry picked etc, but having things stated " quieter then MSI" is a pretty bold statement and great marketing lol.

i think the point was missed. whoosh parrot :)

gigabyte rep was gently pointing out that their card allows a 150% power limit which is big news!!!!

+rep to gigabyte for doing this.

anyone want to dump the bios to see if i can fry my motherboard by cross flashing an FE card?

Associate
i think the point was missed. whoosh parrot :)

gigabyte rep was gently pointing out that their card allows a 150% power limit which is big news!!!!

+rep to gigabyte for doing this.

anyone want to dump the bios to see if i can fry my motherboard by cross flashing an FE card?

You will. Our card's load balance is designed not to pull amps from PCIE over spec. The additional 300W will come from the 8+8 pin for sure

Soldato
Just got the Aorus and have to say I'm hugely impressed, best aftermarket cooled GPU I have ever owned and I've been here since voodoo 1.

Out of the box it boosts to 1936 core, haven't tried overclocking it yet. Given I'm very picky where noise is concerned this is where I'm impressed most, leaving it to run in Dishonored 2 with vsync off it stabilised at 69/70 degrees at which point the fan goes between 45% and 55%, it wasn't audible over my case fans.

Compared to my Titan X maxwell clocked around 1350 I got the following from a quick test (4k mostly max settings):

Warhammer total war DX 12 built in bench
TXm - 42.9
Aorus - 64.1 (+49%)

Dishonored 2 - loaded a scene in the clockwork mansion
TXm - 40
Aorus - 62 (+55%!)

QaKQIXF.jpg

Associate
Does it have to be a blower card? If your air cooling then I'd really suggest spending/waiting the extra for a card with a decent AIB cooler.

I am on air but I am just being a cheapskate and looking for the cheapest Ti, £100 extra for a different fan?

Back
Top Bottom