London Bridge Incident

Caporegime
It was set up by a group called Gays Against Sharia to coincide with the anniversary of the Orlando gay night club massacre, you'll always get EDL types attending and Unite Against Fascim as usual to stir up trouble.

My main point though is why do lefties like Unite Against Fascism defend Sharia Law which makes 'far right' look centrist particularly when it comes to the LGBT community.

Last edited:
Caporegime
EDL marched in Manchester today. Unless there's something I've missed it's a pretty lolworthy misrepresentation to suggest that they were marching in aid of LGBTQ rights.

Ahh that explains the "whatever Britain thier defending isn't my Britain comment"

I thought may had made some retarded speech or aoemthing

Caporegime
"Gays Against Sharia" is the EDL. People marching against it aren't marching in support of Sharia law.

of the very few EDL people I've met i doubt they'd be particularly supportive of LGBT rights themselves if they ever got power.

most seemed quite vocal on their opinion of gays....

Man of Honour
My Mum ? She's English and not a muslim or terrorist. She is born and bread in England for centuries her family. You should think before you post.

None of that precludes someone being on a watchlist. You don't need to be muslim or even a terrorist. Unfortunately, the police don't automatically know who is a terrorist and who is inadvertently associated, which I think was the point of the original post.

Soldato
The LGBT community have been rallying against Sharia Law in Manchester today. The BBC reported that they were "far right".

Sharia Law would probably see decades of progress with regards to homosexuality (and other gender related minorities) reversed so why do leftists defend it so much?

They would defend it right up until the point where they are on their knees getting their heads cut off because they arn't muslims.

Caporegime
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCJzrkzXcAEkPft.jpg:large

This is what submission looks like...

The LGBT community have been rallying against Sharia Law in Manchester today. The BBC reported that they were "far right".

Sharia Law would probably see decades of progress with regards to homosexuality (and other gender related minorities) reversed so why do leftists defend it so much?

doublethink (noun)
"the acceptance of contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination"

Caporegime
My Mum ? She's English and not a muslim or terrorist. She is born and bread in England for centuries her family. You should think before you post.

dont remember the guy arrested for providing "material support" to jihadis?..he'd given them some hiking socks...

Soldato
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-fight-terror-attack-says-police-chief.html
Police chief: UK gun owners could fight back in terror attack.
Police: Only highly trained police firearms officers are capable of defending the public from an attack. You'll just have to wait at least 8 minutes for us to arrive and hope you don't get beheaded in the mean time.

I'll defend myself by shooting people who are defending themselves, so we shoot each other and because we're not highly trained in firearms, I'll probably miss and shoot people, as well as those attempting to shoot me and the terrorists. I know I'll shoot everyone, that way I'm bound to shoot some terrorists.

Caporegime
I'll defend myself by shooting people who are defending themselves, so we shoot each other and because we're not highly trained in firearms, I'll probably miss and shoot people, as well as those attempting to shoot me and the terrorists. I know I'll shoot everyone, that way I'm bound to shoot some terrorists.
Good grief...

Soldato
Pretty accurate though. It would have been even more carnage with an armed public, not to mention the fact that the terrorists are now armed with weapons rather than cheap kitchen knives.

Soldato
Good grief...

Right, so you see me pointing a gun, trying to find and shoot the terrorists.

How do you differentiate me between a "good guy" and a terrorist?

Do you walk up to me, say "excuse me are you a terrorist, if so I'll shoot you, if not then let's find those darn terrorists and shoot them, better not find other good guys who might shoot us"

Soldato
Yet the video I've watched of the march is full of EDL flags with yobs chanting songs you hear at England games.
Which video was that? It's of course possible that EDL members were there, but my understanding was that wasn't the original group forming it.

There's some weirdness going on in general with it. They were painted as 'far right' and EDL whilst seemingly being neither. They were as far as I'm aware non violent and yet the antifa group were throwing bottles etc. This isn't what the media seemed to frame it as though.

Man of Honour
Which video was that? It's of course possible that EDL members were there, but my understanding was that wasn't the original group forming it.

There's some weirdness going on in general with it. They were painted as 'far right' and EDL whilst seemingly being neither. They were as far as I'm aware non violent and yet the antifa group were throwing bottles etc. This isn't what the media seemed to frame it as though.

The general consensus from policing these protests is the AntiFa tend to be the bigger issue rather than the far right groups. Both cause trouble, but the AntiFa seem to cause the most flashpoints for disorder.

Commissario
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-fight-terror-attack-says-police-chief.html
Police chief: UK gun owners could fight back in terror attack.
Police: Only highly trained police firearms officers are capable of defending the public from an attack. You'll just have to wait at least 8 minutes for us to arrive and hope you don't get beheaded in the mean time.
Given the PCC is NOT a police chief the article comes from a bad start (most of those who run for PCC, including some who win don't have any clue as to the powers of the police, let alone the law*).

The idea of having an armed public trying to take down a terrorist probably scares the police more than the idea of the terrorists, I know it would scare me given that you'll have people with little or no real world** training shooting at people they think are terrorists, which could then lead to newcomers to the scene opening fire on those who think they're shooting at terrorists, and then the police having to try and work out who is a terrorist and who was just "responding".
It would probably result in higher, not lower casualty levels because at the moment the police can identify the active terrorist very quickly and with a high level of confidence, if you've got random people responding the police are going to hesitate giving the terrorists extra time, or end up shooting some of the randoms.

This completely ignores any of the other issues around allowing gun owners to carry their weapons unsecured in public, or any liability issues..

*It's not the first time a PCC or PCC candidate has made suggestions that are completely nuts, or against the law.

**Certainly nothing like that our armed police get

Back
Top Bottom