Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Cannot "turn off" to restart... here are the lights ON, but I can't seem to get any response from it:

2h4dc1h.png[\IMG]

Had this problem on the x7 v6. It ended up going away after I updated the bios and the drivers to the latest version.s I think one of the programs wasn't shutting down properly. Long pressing the power button was the only way to shut the machine off.

Permabanned
Had this problem on the x7 v6. It ended up going away after I updated the bios and the drivers to the latest version.s I think one of the programs wasn't shutting down properly. Long pressing the power button was the only way to shut the machine off.

If I press for long time it only "blink off" (fraction of second OFF, then ON) every 7 seconds... I tried for +30sec but it never turns off.... :confused:

Any X5 MD news?

I'm considering going for the regular X5 v7 but want to know how much lighter and thinner the MD version is going to be (if at all) and whether performance will be better or worse.

Finally, do the models in the OCUK store have UK keyboards?
It's literally the exact same chassis for both the MD and the v7. Gaming performance will be higher on the MD, along the lines of 10-15%.

All models sold by UK resellers come with UK keyboards.

Permabanned
Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes for the battery to get drained in BIOS mode without screen ON...?
(which is surely my case i guess....)

child%2Bamazed.jpg

Just to schedule the RMA. (Too bad I literally had the SN 00001 !!! lol...)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Rutte,

Hmmmm, not good, and sorry to read this.

Can you please post the serial number of your machine, so we can send to HQ to investigate with factory.

We won't ask that you send this in for repair, as this isn't the experience we wish for you - so please can you start return process with OcUK and exchange for replacement new unit.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we hope to keep your valued custom.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Thanks Atom80 for your positive response.

I have, however, returned the laptop and requested a refund. If this keyboard issue is so wide spread across different generations (v6 & v7) and different models (x5 and x7), even if we go through an RMA or just get a new one, how can we be sure that we will not end up with a new unit with the same problem...or worse...one that will develop the keyboard issue after a while? Please read the experiences of the people that got the first batch of the X5 V7 (on this forum and the official Aorus forum), they definitely have significant issues. Can you please ask your technical department if there is something wrong with this batch and if this issue has been sorted out? I really loved the specs on the X5 V7, but if I pay 2600 GBP for a laptop, I expect it to be solid and reliable.

Soldato
Thanks Atom80 for your positive response.

I have, however, returned the laptop and requested a refund. If this keyboard issue is so wide spread across different generations (v6 & v7) and different models (x5 and x7), even if we go through an RMA or just get a new one, how can we be sure that we will not end up with a new unit with the same problem...or worse...one that will develop the keyboard issue after a while? Please read the experiences of the people that got the first batch of the X5 V7 (on this forum and the official Aorus forum), they definitely have significant issues. Can you please ask your technical department if there is something wrong with this batch and if this issue has been sorted out? I really loved the specs on the X5 V7, but if I pay 2600 GBP for a laptop, I expect it to be solid and reliable.

I'm holding off on my x7 DT v7 purchase until there's official word on this.

Typical... the single thing that prevented me getting the v6 was the stripy screen... now that's been fixed, there's another issue. :/

Associate
I'm holding off on my x7 DT v7 purchase until there's official word on this.

Typical... the single thing that prevented me getting the v6 was the stripy screen... now that's been fixed, there's another issue. :/

Indeed, i'll be keeping a very close eye on this. I have an X7 DT V7 on Pre-order. But i'll be dammed if im paying nearly £3k for a laptop that isn't solid.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
If I press for long time it only "blink off" (fraction of second OFF, then ON) every 7 seconds... I tried for +30sec but it never turns off.... :confused:

Hi poiuzz - have you resolved the issue, or still the same?

Let us know, and sorry fro delay in spotting this on forum.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Permabanned
Hi poiuzz - have you resolved the issue, or still the same?

Let us know, and sorry fro delay in spotting this on forum.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Still same problem... It's "ON" since 2 days now... can't do a thing!! Unless there is something i didn't try that you advise...?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Still same problem... It's "ON" since 2 days now... can't do a thing!! Unless there is something i didn't try that you advise...?

Hi poiuzz,

We have sent the details of the problem to HQ for feedback and urgent response - we in UK haven't seen this issue before, so we need to reply on our tech team to advise.

So to be clear, the laptop screen is presumably not working, machine wont power up, but also wont power down, so you cant do factory reset or get into BIOS screen?

You currently have the machine "ON", not plugged in and waiting for battery to drain naturally, but this is obviously taking time as screen isn't taking power, is that correct?

Let us know on the above so we can give all details to support you.

Regards,

Team AORUS

PS - are we right in thinking you are in France?

Permabanned
Hi poiuzz,

We have sent the details of the problem to HQ for feedback and urgent response - we in UK haven't seen this issue before, so we need to reply on our tech team to advise.

So to be clear, the laptop screen is presumably not working, machine wont power up, but also wont power down, so you cant do factory reset or get into BIOS screen?

You currently have the machine "ON", not plugged in and waiting for battery to drain naturally, but this is obviously taking time as screen isn't taking power, is that correct?

Let us know on the above so we can give all details to support you.

Regards,

Team AORUS

PS - are we right in thinking you are in France?

Yes exactly. The situation is like you describe and as shown on the picture above. I know it's ON because of the lights (obviously) but I also hear the HDD running. The screen never turned on. I have absolutely no way to see if the laptop is stuck in BIOS or else... This is extremely frustrating!

It's been stuck "ON" for about 48h now... (unplugged of course)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Yes exactly. The situation is like you describe and as shown on the picture above. I know it's ON because of the lights (obviously) but I also hear the HDD running. The screen never turned on. I have absolutely no way to see if the laptop is stuck in BIOS or else... This is extremely frustrating!

It's been stuck "ON" for about 48h now... (unplugged of course)

OK - can you please post your OcUK order number to enable us to get your address details.

We think best solution would be for us to arrange direct replacement from HQ, rather than through OcUK - this will be quicker and enable us to take this unit straight inot R&D and identify what is wrong.

Is this OK with you?

Regards,

Team AORUS

Permabanned
OK - can you please post your OcUK order number to enable us to get your address details.

We think best solution would be for us to arrange direct replacement from HQ, rather than through OcUK - this will be quicker and enable us to take this unit straight inot R&D and identify what is wrong.

Is this OK with you?

Regards,

Team AORUS

Thanks @Atom80

As said before, this is for professional purpose and everything that can fasten the process of a replacement is extremely appreciated. (even more... it is urgently needed...)

If you can PM me I would gladly send you any information and proof of purchase ASAP.

Best regards,
Mat

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks @Atom80

As said before, this is for professional purpose and everything that can fasten the process of a replacement is extremely appreciated. (even more... it is urgently needed...)

If you can PM me I would gladly send you any information and proof of purchase ASAP.

Best regards,
Mat

Sorry just saw that... No we are located in Switzerland

Hi,

Have tried to "TRUST" message you, but it says you have not enabled this on your account - the process should just involve clicking "TRUST" on any message you have posted, and then putting in your Name and Password - this should activate it (re-type your details, as sometimes the auto-fill seems to pull through incorrect information.

Hope this works for you...

Regards,

Team AORUS

Permabanned
I clicked trust on your message & it asks me to login (even if I'm logged)

When I try to login, it says "username not found"...... I tried to change my password but that didn't help :confused:

Soldato
So the expected availability for the X7 is 4 weeks (aka August)?

I guess I can wait that long, if, in that time, I gain confidence that they're not going to have dodgy keyboards and wifi modules (or just die straight out if the box!)

If not, I think I'm going to go with an Alienware 17 -.-

Back
Top Bottom