Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Caporegime
RM won't sell Bale. Ronaldo only has a few more years left in him and Bale is his logical successor at the moment. They don't need to sell, they don't want to sell and Bale doesn't want to leave.

You realise Bale is already 28, is significantly less prolific than Ronaldo and Ronaldo is fitter and able to play more games than Bale already? What about Bale screams, will be killing Ronaldo in a few years? In a few years I wouldn't be surprised to see Ronaldo scoring 30 a year while Bale misses half a season injured.

If they can get something stupid like 80mil for Bale right now and double that and put it into Mbappe who could be the genuine goods for the next 15 years, well, in terms of Bale alone that is monumentally better value. But when you consider Bale vs Ronaldo in terms of sponsorship/commercial value, that is also a no brainer. Ronaldo will be worth more commercially in image rights when he's 45 than Bale is today.

Another way to look at it, the single most important thing to happen in the past 20 years to Real, is winning two CL's back to back which no one else has done. This year Bale played in 7 games, got 2 goals and 1 assist. The year before he played 8 games and got only 2 assists in the CL, 2 years before that he started 8 and subbed into 4 more games, scored 6 and got 4 assists.

Last year Ronaldo played in all 13 games, he scored 12 and got 5 assists, the year before he played in 12 games, got 16 goals and 4 assists, 2 years before that he played in 11 games, got 17 goals and got 4 assists. Anyone who thinks Bale is more valuable, because he's a few years younger is crazy. Bale had one great CL season and he was 24 at the time and that season wasn't remotely close to as good as any of the three CL winning seasons from Ronaldo.

Not only has Bale declined more than Ronaldo in the past 4 years in terms of effectiveness, he's also dropped off worse in fitness and ability to stay fit and be the difference in such games. Cashing in on Bale asap is by far the best financial and squad move Real can make, while whoever is dumb enough to take him for a huge fee right now is going to see it almost certainly backfire on them. Buy a 3 time CL winner for 80mil, watch his injury problems get worse and miss many crucial games.

I don't know what it is about Bale, he's always seemed ultra fit, he never looked like Rooney, out of shape or not taking care of himself, but injuries seem to be taking a toll already.

Soldato
Cm you don't like countinho we get it get a grip, me and others have pointed out he is clearly a very good player well great even. You just want to constantly compare him with spurs players via stats. Stats do not show everything.

Every Liverpool supporter knows it's a matter of when he goes not if. You can't even make a valid arquement when you start with he is injury prone when he isnt.

Plus aren't you banned yet?

Soldato
Cm you don't like countinho we get it get a grip, me and others have pointed out he is clearly a very good player well great even. You just want to constantly compare him with spurs players via stats. Stats do not show everything.

Every Liverpool supporter knows it's a matter of when he goes not if. You can't even make a valid arquement when you start with he is injury prone when he isnt.

Plus aren't you banned yet?

where have i said i don't like him? i said he's overrated, which he is. he's a decent player and that's all he ever will be if he stays in the pl. stick him in the barca attack and he could be a part of something very special

apologies for casting a bit of realism on your messiah

Soldato
Your so butt hurt it's untrue, it's okay you stick to only thing spurs players are the be all and end all.

Enjoy it as this year you'll be in Wembley we're your team can barely pass in that stadium :p

Soldato
Proven my point well done :) anyway it looks like this keita saga may finally be over all talk and rumours gone quite. In a way happy about it as defence is our main issue so I hope we focus on that

Caporegime
The man that's never used a capital letter in his life is giving out English lessons :p
Lol :p. Sometimes I feel sorry for our resident spud supporter but then I soon realise he brings it on himself.

Anywho Lemar reportedly on his way to Arsenal??, where have we seen or heard this before. I'll give you a hint, he now plays for Juve:p.

Until he is seen in an Arsenal shirt, I don't think this is likely to happen ie Lemar. Monaco have made it clear they do not want to sell any of their players. Plus last I heard, our bid of 45mill was rejected sharpish.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Proven my point well done :) anyway it looks like this keita saga may finally be over all talk and rumours gone quite. In a way happy about it as defence is our main issue so I hope we focus on that

Yup, we were never going to get Keita, they have been as firm in their we will not sell him as we are in regard of Coutinho. Lets get some focus back on VvD now and see if some agreement cant be found with Southampton.

Permabanned
if there's any justice, arsenal wont get lemar
And why that, cause you're bitter? Well been a spurs supporter not ever having won the prem, I guess you are bitter,

You will always find Spurs supporter as per norm, always running off at the mouth while been run off the pitch.

I wish just once they would wait till they actually won something before running off at the mouth, but I guess if they did that we would never hear from them at all.

Back
Top Bottom