Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Soldato
You really believe that? If Barca or Real want a player generally speaking they get them with the except of De Gea:p

Remember when we said not to Suarez ? That was a playerthat kicked off to the press. If we dont want Phil to go...he doesnt go. If barca want him then they will be shelling out a world record fee in the region of 130mil.

So yea, good luck Barca.

Don
OP
Hence I added not always but most times.

I'd suggest that most times, as soon as a player realises he's not getting his move he gets back to business. In fact I can barely think of a time where a player hasn't and a club keeping a player against his wishes has backfired.
Remind me, where is Suarez playing now?

Suarez had a release clause, Coutinho by all accounts doesn't. The season before when Suarez kicked up a fuss and wanted to leave, he didn't get his way. People also forget that Mascherano wanted to join Barca the summer before he did and we point blank refused to sell him too.

We're in a far stronger position in every possible way than we were when we refused to sell Suarez (and Masch) and if it takes anything less than an absolute mental offer (assuming he has no clause) then I'd be stunned.

Soldato
HOLY ****! If we get rid of Fellaini, that is every bit as good as a signing.
£5-10m and I would bite their hand off, cant see it being much more than that as he only has a year left on his contract

Utd still need more options in CM though, that's the worrying aspect. So wish we had been able to sort out Fabinho in the first weeks of the break, before the fire sale at Monaco began. Would have been a very useful addition for two positions imo.

Soldato
Do you know what,I'd be sad to see Fellani go. He does a job. He's a carthorse, but he's proven himself useful several times.

he breaks up more good moves, and shanks more chances (like that one the other day in pre-season) than he does good , but we still need better CM options even IF Matic arrives

wonder if we'll be subsiding his wage at all?

I was thinking about this, and even if we do have to sub his wages, Utd should still manage to get a few million in as a fee on top of anything going out.

If it was on a "free" it wouldnt be the end of the world though

Soldato
Very good photoshop going around twitter of Matic in AON training kit - would have been BS's number if he had stayed.

Some suggesting deal has already been completed around £40m mark with addons

Soldato
40m feels steep for a pretty limited footballer when he's got the ball but hopefully he can just win it and pass 5 yards to either Pogba or Herrera.

Back
Top Bottom