• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Asa

Asa

Associate
I recommend alt tabbing in and out of a game to test what achieves the highest clocks. You will mostly need to focus on State 7 if you have +50% power limit enabled. Typically you will find that the highest voltage will give the highest clock speed possible clock speed, then you just increase frequency until you hit instability.
Is that sound advice?

I alt+tabbed out of Overwatch and dropped my HBM clock from 1030 down to 1020. As I hit apply in Wattman, my PC crashed. It rebooted and Wattman restored the default profile, but I've been completely unable to to change any frequencies or voltages on the card since that happened. Instant crash. I assumed I had committed some complete amateur seppuku by adjusting clocks while a game was running in the background or something.

Caporegime
Is that sound advice?

I alt+tabbed out of Overwatch and dropped my HBM clock from 1030 down to 1020. As I hit apply in Wattman, my PC crashed. It rebooted and Wattman restored the default profile, but I've been completely unable to to change any frequencies or voltages on the card since that happened. Instant crash. I assumed I had committed some complete amateur seppuku by adjusting clocks while a game was running in the background or something.
If it crashed the game then perhaps it was not stable. DDU should fix it, but i have never had to do that to fix what you describe.

I would suggest using a single player game, gotta protect that K/D.

Soldato
PowerColor AIOs are in, £780

is that a joke?? please tell me so.

EDIT: Nope, no joke holy crap lmao...mental pricing.

Whats even more mental, is the Vega 64 OCUK Tech Labs with EK FC and backplate for £809. WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!! I got my card as we all know for £449, you can get them now for £479. It cost me £130 for EK Full Cover and EK backplate, OCUK are marking them up over £300 more expensive for the same goods. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Permabanned
PowerColor AIOs are in, £780

Tragic innit?

I just got my new pc case delivered ready for Coffeelake too release so I can choose between that and Ryzen.
The MSI 1080 Armor I'm using at the moment won't fit in the new case so I'm looking forward to seeing what the AIB makers offer, A Tri-x like the Fury will fit so that'll be my first choice.
rvU7B3wh.jpg

Last edited:

Asa

Asa

Associate
If it crashed the game then perhaps it was not stable. DDU should fix it, but i have never had to do that to fix what you describe.
Naw it was stable. All I'd done is downclocked the core 5% and set the HBM to 1030, which I'd already used for hours at a time previously. Unfortunately DDU hasn't resolved it, and neither has the new driver.
I would suggest using a single player game, gotta protect that K/D.
You over-estimate my Overwatching. It is nothing worth protecting.

Back
Top Bottom